Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Hausaufgaben
mary123 Offline

20.08.2019 06:48
The Rockies are 20-22 at home.Left- Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A foot-long dark burn scar going from Mike Browns right quadriceps down his lower leg reminds him each day of his good fortune.There are also the dozen or so round burn blotches on his right arm, and a tiny spot on his lip that would go unnoticed except that the new Warriors assistant knows its there.The old coach of stars like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant during stints with the Cavaliers and Lakers endured quite a memorable couple of years out of the NBA spotlight. He worked informally for Gregg Popovich in San Antonio. He found a place in Albuquerque so he could regularly watch his oldest son, Elijah, play basketball for New Mexico. Then, Brown survived a frightening May kitchen fire at his Cleveland home with his younger son.He has moved forward and found himself in an ideal situation that might just lead to another opportunity to be a head coach down the line. He replaced former top assistant Luke Walton, now coaching the Lakers.NBA Coach of the Year with the Cavs in 2009, Brown realizes he landed in a great spot with Golden State, next to reigning Coach of the Year Steve Kerr and up close to MVP Stephen Curry and prized offseason acquisition Kevin Durant.Brown is thrilled to be talking basketball again, back to the daily routine of practice, meetings, film study and scouting opponents. He was fired in May 2014 by the Cavs after a second stint as coach.All of the scrutiny he faced there seems so minor now.One scary day in May, Brown was upstairs in his Cleveland home packing for a fun weekend away in Florida with a buddy when son Cameron screamed from the kitchen below that there was a fire. The 19-year-old was frying pecan dessert he had made before when the oil caught fire. Brown rushed down, stepped in to stop the flames and slipped on some oil. He found himself on the kitchen floor, his right side burning.It was May 27, Brown says. Ill never forget the day. Thats my youngest sons birthday.Brown was wearing shorts. Had he been in long pants, it would have been far worse. His right foot burned, too, the flames going right through a good pair of sneakers.They didnt call 911, driving to a hospital five minutes away. Brown walked into the emergency room and was immediately hit with two shots of morphine. He spent the night.You just react, Brown recalled of the terrifying ordeal. And then when its over you realize, `Boy, I cant believe that it happened. I could have died, my son could have. You think of stuff like that after its over and you just realize how precious your time is here. ... It was a crazy experience to say the least.Brown walked around Warriors media day last month with a big grin and distinctively dressed in long basketball shorts with a suit jacket and tie, clearly comfortable and thriving in his new surroundings.Its pretty hard not to with the vibe Golden State has going. After capturing the 2015 NBA championship, the Warriors set NBA records with a 24-0 start last season and a 73-win finish before losing to the Cavs in Game 7 of the Finals.Its very refreshing to see the true relationships everybody has, Brown said. From top down, its been refreshing, its been fun, its been a learning experience. You always want to be able to contribute something.And it is the defensive-minded Brown who recently proposed a new substitution pattern to Kerr with the idea of keeping two starters on the floor at all times -- meaning Curry, Durant and fellow All-Stars Draymond Green and Klay Thompson will get their much-needed breaks throughout the course of a 48-minute game.Mike is very detail-oriented. Hes brought me a lot of good stuff in terms of Xs and Os but also substitution patterns. Were really revamping our substitution look this year, said Kerr, who played in San Antonio at the end of his career while Brown was an assistant to Popovich. Mike was better in math than I was, so Mike is very methodical and sort of numbers-oriented. Hes been great in practice, hes fun to be around, so hes doing a great job.Brown spent part of the past year observing and offering input to Popovich in an unofficial capacity.He hopes to do something to repay Popovich someday for the opportunity.Pop is obviously a great coach but hes a great man. I cherish the relationship that I have with him, Brown said. This past year for me was fantastic because it gave me an opportunity to be involved in the game but to get close to my boys in the same breath. Whenever they werent playing or I wasnt visiting with them, I was with the Spurs. I was traveling with them, I was in their meetings, I was at all the practices. I didnt do any on-court coaching because I wasnt working but again hes open. He would ask me my opinion, I would sit in the coaches meetings, sit in the locker room before the games, halftime, the end of games. It was a great experience for me just being connected to the game again.With all Brown went through over the past year, he is enjoying every moment of his new gig.Now Im here in the Bay Area, Im a Warrior, Im hanging with Steve, the rest of the staff, Draymond, KD, he said. Its good. Jeff Hornacek Jersey . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Dante Exum Jazz Jersey . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. http://www.jazzauthentic.com/kids-dante-exum-jazz-jersey/ . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Jeff Hornacek Jazz Jersey . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Custom Utah Jazz Jerseys . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies will have one of their rare meetings with the Tampa Bay Rays when the teams begin a three-game series Monday at Coors Field. The teams last met in 2013, with the Rockies losing two of three games at Coors Field.That was the fourth series between the teams at Coors Field. The only time they played at Tropicana Park was in 2004 when the Rockies were swept in a three-game series.The Rays will be trying to break a 10-game losing streak on the road, tied for the third-longest in franchise history. Tampa is 16-26 on the road this season and is embarking on a nine-game trip in 10 days that will also include four games at Oakland and two in Los Angeles against the Dodgers.The Rays dropped two of three at home to Baltimore to begin play after the All-Star break. They broke an eight-game losing streak with their 5-2 win Sunday. It was just their second win in 14 games and fourth in the past 28.Left-hander Drew Smyly will start for the Rays Monday. He is 2-10 with a 5.47 ERA and tied his career high with his 10th loss July 6 against the Angels in his last start. He began the season 1/3 with a 2.72 ERA in his first six starts and allowed five homers in 39 1/3 innings. But in his past 11 starts, Smyly is 1-7 with a 7.27 ERA and yielded 15 homers in 60 2/3 innings.A 1-0 loss Sunday at Atlanta prevented the Rockies from sweeping a three-game series with the Braves. Still, they won the series and now need to cash in on a seven-game homestand that will conclude with four games with the Braves following the series with the Rays. The Rockies are 20-22 at home.Left-hander Tyler Anderson, who is 1/3 with a 3.03 in six career starts, will take the mound for the Rockies. In his last start July 9 against the Phillies, Anderson recorded his first win, first hit and first home run of his career. He has pitched six innings in each of his past three starts and has gone at least that distance in four of his six starts while issuing just ssix walks with 32 strikeouts in 35 2/3 innings.ddddddddddddRockies manager Walt Weiss cited Andersons composure and ability to change speeds as reasons for his success.Hes got a very good changeup hes got a lot of confidence in, Weiss said. He can throw it at any time -- ahead in the count, behind in the count, get him back in the count. The changeup has been the equalizer for him, but the feel to pitch, command -- put it all together, thats what weve seen from Tyler so far.Rays outfielder Corey Dickerson will return to Coors Field for the first time since the Rockies traded him and minor league third baseman Kevin Padlo to the Rays on Jan. 28 for left-handed reliever Jake McGee and minor league starter German Marquez.Dickerson is hitting .223 with 13 homers and 35 RBI. He had nine hits in a season-high, six-game hitting streak that ended Saturday and is 19-for-62 (.306) over his past 18 games since June 21. In 265 games with the Rockies over the past three seasons, Dickerson hit .299 with 39 homers and 124 RBI.I havent seen those guys since I got traded, Dickerson said. So it will be pretty cool to say bye in the right way but also say whats up to the guys and enjoy the time there.McGee has been a disappointment with the Rockies, going 0-3 with a 6.04 ERA in 30 games and allowing five homers in 25 1/3 innings. He is 15-for-19 in save opportunities but lost the closers role and then suffered a left knee sprain that sidelined him for three weeks before he returned July 2.Marquez, 21, and not McGee, who turns 30 on Aug. 6 and can be a free agent after next season, was the key to the deal for the Rockies. At Double-A Hartford, Marquez is 8-5 with a 2.88 ERA in 18 starts with 26 walks and 103 strikeouts in 112 2/3 innings.Padlo, 20, is hitting .211 with 12 homers and 47 RBI in 76 games for Low Class A Bowling Green. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz