Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Hausaufgaben
mary123 Offline

20.08.2019 06:45
Grigg scored 28 times for Wigan duri Antworten

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- JaQuan Newton shook off his first half shooting woes and helped lead Miami to another early-season win.Newton scored 16 of his game-high 18 points in the second half as the Hurricanes defeated Penn, 74-62, on Saturday afternoon.My approach was the same way as the first half, Newton said. Unfortunately, I wasnt making any shots in the first half. I just wanted to take better shots in the second half, open shots to get me going.After shooting 1 of 8 from the field in the first half, Newton converted five of his eight attempts and five-of-six free throws in the second half.The Hurricanes (3-0) were never threatened after a 16-3 run midway through the second half. Consecutive 3-pointers from D.J. Valsijevic and Bruce Brown capped the surge and increased Miamis lead to 59-38 with 10:28 remaining in the half.That was definitely the tale of two halves, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said. In the first half we were challenging the defense rather than attacking and sharing the ball. I tried to explain to the team at halftime we werent finding the open man.Brown finished with 15 points and Davon Reed, Valsijevic and Dewan Huell scored 11 points each for the Hurricanes, who experienced their first deficit of the season when the Quakers ran off eight unanswered points for an 8-4 lead early in the game. Miami opened the season with lopsided victories over Western Carolina and North Florida.It was good for us, Larranaga said of Penns early lead. It was a good challenge -- a very different kind of team. You can see how they move on offense. They really share the ball.Playing a team like that is very different than playing the teams weve played so far and even some of the teams were going to play a little later on in the season.A.J. Brodeur scored 16 points to lead the Quakers (1-1). Caleb Wood shot 4-of-5 from the field and was Penns second double figure scorer with 11 points.I liked how we competed, particularly in the first half, Penn coach Steve Donahue said. We got very casual during that stretch with the ball that they made that big run put it up by 20. But besides that I thought we competed.STARTER SIDELINED: Miami sophomore center Ebuka Izundu sat out Saturdays game because of a sprain to his lower left extremity he suffered in Miamis victory over North Florida on Wednesday. Larranaga said he will know better on Izundus status Monday.ROOKIE CONTRIBUTIONS: Huell and Valsijevic continue to contribute offensively. The freshmen have scored in double figures in Miamis first three games.BIG PICTUREMiami: junior guard Rashad Muhammad served the final game of his three-game suspension because of a violation of team rules. Muhammad played his first two seasons at San Jose State and sat out the 2015-16 season in compliance with transfer rules.Penn: the Quakers are 65-95 all-time against ACC schools. Saturdays game was Penns first against a school from the conference since its 85-55 loss against Duke on January 1, 2012. The Quakers last victory against an ACC opponent was their 79-74 victory over Georgia Tech November 19, 2001.UP NEXTMiami: the Hurricanes will face Stanford in the first round of the AdvoCare Invitational Thanksgiving Day in Orlando. Tip-off is at 2:30 p.m. Miami and Stanford previously met in the 2015 NIT Championship, which the Cardinal won, 66-64, in overtime.Penn: the Quakers continue their heavy early-season road schedule against Central Connecticut State Tuesday night. Penns first four games are on the road before their home opener against defending national champion Villanova Nov. 29 at the Palestra. Ryan Kalil Youth Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Sam Mills Panthers Jersey . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-luke-kuechly-blue-jersey/ . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position. Christian McCaffrey Youth Jersey . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Jordan Scarlett Youth Jersey . JOHNS, N.Wigan forward Will Grigg has been included in Michael ONeills final 23-man Northern Ireland squad for Euro 2016. The 24-year-old, who scored his first international goal in Northern Irelands 3-0 victory over Belarus on Friday, is joined in the squad notably by Milton Keynes Dons right-back Lee Hodson and Doncaster Rovers centre-back Luke McCullough. Grigg scored 28 times in 43 appearances in all competitions this season to help Wigan win the Sky Bet League One title. However Liam Boyce (Ross County), Billy McKay (Dundee United), Daniel Lafferty (Burnley), Ben Reeves (Milton Keynes Dons) and Michael Smith (Peterborough United) all miss out. Grigg scored 28 times for Wigan during the 2015-16 season Former Manchester United goalkeeper Roy Carroll, at 38, is the oldest player named in the squad by ONeill, while Aaron Hughes, who is on 99 caps, is also included. When asked about the selection of Grigg, ONeill told Sky Sports News HQ: At the end of the day, weve got a player that scored 28 goals this season and his club have been promoted to the Championship.I think it would have been wrong to ignore the season that he has had and we saw it continue last night. We put him on the pitch for half-an-hour and he popped up with his first international goal.He is a player in a good place at the moment and can have an impact at the tournament.ONeill also spoke about the difficulty of reducing his sqquad from 28 to 23 players for the finals in France.dddddddddddd Its difficult, maybe its more difficult because youve got a smaller bunch of players to choose from as its a little bit more personal in terms of leaving players out, he added. Michael ONeill admits he had to make some difficult decisions regarding his final 23-man squad I had to let the lads know, the five lads that were with us in the training camp, earlier in the week and it was difficult.They all probably deserved to go there. For the tournament we have to be a bit more stringent with the numbers and there were a few tough decisions.The players, to be honest, were great and I have to commend them on that and I think they understood why I had made those decisions.Northern Ireland Euro 2016 squadGoalkeepers: Roy Carroll, Michael McGovern, Alan Mannus.Defenders: Jonny Evans, Gareth McAuley, Craig Cathcart, Conor McLaughlin, Shane Ferguson, Lee Hodson, Luke McCullough, Aaron Hughes. Midfielders: Stuart Dallas, Chris Baird, Jamie Ward, Steven Davis, Oliver Norwood, Corry Evans, Niall McGinn, Paddy McNair.Forwards: Kyle Lafferty, Conor Washington, Josh Magennis, Will Grigg. Also See: N Ireland brush past Belarus ONeill hails perfect victory Windsor Park goodbyes? N Ireland 3-0 Belarus recap ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz