Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

19.08.2019 11:53
you told me on the first day of the Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- At the risk of allowing the internet trolls and conspiracy theorists to enjoy one more little frisson of undeserved recognition about what ugly little pieces of work they are, this needs to be said as simply and loudly as possible:American gymnast Gabby Douglas has nothing to apologize for about her podium behavior during the playing of the national anthem Tuesday, after the U.S. womens gymnastics team won the gold medal.Get off her back.The gripes that Douglas looked a little distracted during the playing of the anthem, or didnt put her hand over her heart like the rest of her teammates -- thats the complaint? Seriously, thats it? Thats what sparked a feeding frenzy that has metastasized into some even more ludicrous conjecture that Douglas decision to stand with her arms at her side was some sort of protest gesture because ... well, why? Because shes black?Its absurd. It speaks more to the fatuous junk that passes for news today and the ugly tenor of racial politics in the U.S. and beyond than it does anything Douglas is actually guilty of. But that didnt stop the story from going viral for more than a day. Which also would be laughable, if Douglas didnt feel so badly she posted a statement on Twitter saying she hoped she didnt offend anyone. She also reasserted how much she considers representing the U.S. an honor.Anyone who knows anything about Douglas knows she has done nothing to contradict those claims.Douglas has been exemplary during her U.S. national team career, both in London in 2012, when she became the first African-American gymnast to win the Olympic all-around, and again here in Rio, even though shes now a role player on the team instead of its unabashed star.#GoUSA?? #TeamUSA?? #FinalFive?? ???????????????????? pic.twitter.com/vzhFZxYOWb- Gabrielle Douglas (@gabrielledoug) August 10, 2016Her groundbreaking win in 2012 was as unexpected as her performance was sensational. She was an effervescent, talented kid of 16 back then who became an instant role model. Shes a tender, talented woman of 20 now who pauses before she speaks, being thoughtful and respectful.Like teammate Aly Raisman, who is 22, Douglas took some time off after the London Games, then made a comeback to the world-class level that has been more grueling than anyone will ever know.Both of them are tough, tough athletes. But Douglas is also a sensitive person, and it has been a little melancholy to watch how the constant questions about her status on the U.S. team have drained a little joy out of the whole journey for her these last few weeks of her career, even before she got here to Rio. Nobody on the team seems to be asked to defend themselves more, right down to how she styles her hair. She doesnt deserve it.National team coordinator Martha Karolyi and her Olympic selection committee have great discretion in picking the final team, and Karolyi in particular believed in Douglas ability so much, she kept Douglas on this Olympic team though a couple other gymnasts posted higher scores than she did at the U.S. national championships and, weeks later, again at the two-day U.S. Olympic trials. What nobody knew until afterward was Douglas, who finished second behind Simone Biles at last years world championships, had suffered an unannounced knee injury that wasnt revealed until after the trials when she heard her mother, Natalie Hawkins, finally disclosed it to a few reporters.Douglas, overhearing her, groaned, Aw, mom ... as if she didnt approve.Douglas refused to make excuses then. And she has gone on to vindicate Karlolyis trust at every turn since. So again, get off her back.Tuesday, she was part of a team effort that hit all 12 of the routines without a notable mistake. The U.S. won by the most impressive margin of victory ever, given the era they compete in. Douglas also scored high enough on the uneven bars to make the individual finals Saturday. And if there wasnt a limit of two gymnasts per country in the individual all-around competition that Biles won Thursday, Douglas would have been here, too, because she had the third-best overall qualifying score. She wouldve had the chance to defend her all-around title and compete with Biles and Raisman for a U.S. medal sweep.Yeah, itll be a little weird to watch, Douglas allowed with a smile Tuesday, but Ill be cheering my heart out for Simone and Aly to win.So thats just a little of the backstory about what Douglas went through by the time she arrived on the medal podium Tuesday. Its perfectly understandable if she was feeling a mix of joy, exhaustion, nostalgia and melancholy all at once. (A tornado of emotions, in Biles words.)Douglas had just experienced the beginning of the end of her gymnastics career. She knew her life-altering reign as Olympic all-around champ was officially over.Douglas had talked for weeks before Rio about how she wanted to try to remember this Olympics, because everything was a blur in London. Hopefully thats where shell assign the criticism of her medal podium appearance when these Games are over. The only thought Gabby Douglas should have as she walks away from Rio is shes one of the best, most admirable Olympic gymnasts the United States has had. Phil McConkey Cheap Jersey . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Lawrence Taylor Giants Jersey . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. http://www.giantsonlineteamshop.com/julian-love-jersey-cheap.html . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Julian Love Cheap Jersey . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Phil McConkey Giants Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. TORONTO -- Corey Klubers first career start on short rest hardly went the way he wanted.Looking to finish off a Cleveland sweep in the AL Championship Series, the ace right-hander got touched up by the Toronto Blue Jays during a 5-1 defeat Tuesday in Game 4.Kluber was pushed up to pitch on three days rest because of several injuries to Clevelands rotation. He took the loss after allowing two runs and four hits while throwing 89 pitches in five innings.I felt fine, Kluber said. I dont think (the short rest) physically affected me.It was the first time the 2014 AL Cy Young Award winner permitted a playoff opponent to score. He had thrown 13 1/3 scoreless innings against the Red Sox and Blue Jays this October, his first postseason.We talked to Kluber after every inning and I thought he held his stuff really good, Indians manager Terry Francona said. I thought his legs started to get a little tired.Following their first loss in seven playoff games this year, the Indians remain one win from their first trip to the World Series since 1997. Theyll take a 3-1 ALCS lead into Game 5 on Wednesday, when rookie left-hander Ryan Merritt starts against Blue Jays righty Marco Estrada.Merritts major league resume consists of 11 regular-season innings this year. He made one start, holding Kansas City to a run and three hits in five innings on Sept. 30.If you told me on the first day of the season I would be pitching in the ALCS, I might have thought you were crazy, Merritt said. Clinching this win would be awesome. To get this opportunity is awesome. It feels good that the team trusts me.Francona is optimistic Merritt will be up to the task.I think hes OK, the manager said. He talked to (pitching coach Mickey Callaway) a little bit about the scouting report this morning.Cleveland has been without starters Carlos Carrasco (broken handd) and Danny Salazar (forearm) this entire postseason.dddddddddddd Right-hander Trevor Bauer left Game 3 after four batters when blood began dripping from his right pinkie, sliced open last week as the pitcher was repairing one of the drones he enjoys flying as a hobby.The early exit by Bauer forced the Indians to get 25 outs from their stellar bullpen Monday night and prompted Francona to turn to Kluber on short rest in Game 4.If the ALCS goes the distance, Kluber could wind up starting on three days rest again. Game 7 would be Saturday in Cleveland.Were one win away from the World Series and thats what were focused on, Kluber said.Kluber, who went 6 1/3 innings to win Game 1, pitched around singles in the first two innings Tuesday before giving up a two-out solo homer to reigning AL MVP Josh Donaldson in the third.It marked the first time Cleveland trailed in the series.I made a mistake to Donaldson, Kluber said.There was more trouble for Kluber in the fourth, which began with back-to-back walks to Troy Tulowitzki and Russell Martin. It was the third time this season Kluber issued consecutive walks, and the first time hed done so against the first two batters in an inning.After Michael Saunders struck out swinging, Ezequiel Carrera made it 2-0 with a bloop single that dropped in front of center fielder Tyler Naquin. Kluber responded by striking out Kevin Pillar and Ryan Goins.Kluber retired his final five batters, striking out three. He walked two and fanned seven, matching his strikeout total from Game 2 of the Division Series against Boston.I thought we did a good job of battling, Martin said. Hes definitely a tough guy to score runs against, but we found a way to get a couple today. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz