Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

14.08.2019 09:54
Villa should be considering Ipswich b Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Atlanta Braves general manager Frank Wren said Wednesday that a tweet directed at Bryce Harper was "an inappropriate attempt at humour," even as both teams wondered when or if there would be further repercussions from the fastball that drilled the Washington Nationals slugger in the leg the night before. Harper took exception when he hit by Julio Teheran in the fifth inning of the Braves 2-1 win Tuesday. It was the first pitch to Harper after he homered to deep centre off Teheran in the third and trotted around the bases at a slower pace than his usual sprint. Both benches emptied, but no punches were thrown. Shortly afterward, "Clown move bro" was posted to the Braves official Twitter account -- a spinoff of Harpers famous line: "Thats a clown question, bro." "It doesnt reflect how we feel, how we want to do business or who we are," Wren said. "But thats really all I have to say about it. It was an inappropriate attempt at humour. And I think you shouldnt ever be directing anything -- unless its positive or uplifting -- at another team or an opponent. I think thats kind of plain and simple." The Nationals answered the Braves tweet-for-tweet, posting on their official feed: "Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?" Asked if he felt that was appropriate, Nationals manager Davey Johnson said hes also often guilty of speaking rashly. "I usually say whats on my mind," Johnson said. "A lot of times I say too much and Im too candid. But everybody tweets, I guess. Not me." Beyond the Twitter spat, there was also the question as to whether the Nationals would retaliate for what they felt was a clear beaning. Johnson said after the game it was something to file away "for future reference," while Harper took the high road by saying: "Its part of the game and its something, I guess, hes got to do." Asked on Wednesday what might happen in the finale of the three-game series, Johnson said: "Its just baseball as usual." Then he paused and gave a big smile. Johnson also told a story about the time he was hit in the shoulder by Jerry Reuss and suspected it because of a bit of trash talk directed at Leo Durocher. "I knew it wasnt Jerry Reuss because he was kind of a softie," Johnson said. "You say something bad to a manager, you might get plunked. If you lay down a bunt, theyd hit you. Now its going slow around the bases?" Johnson cited Harpers nagging knee injury as a reason for the slower lap around the bases. He was also curious why the Braves, closing in on the NL East title, would risk putting Harper on base in a one-run game. "When youre in their position, its remarkable that that would happen because they would have more to lose in a donneybrook if someone gets hurt," Johnson said. "But everybody has a different viewpoint on how the game is played." Jayson Tatum Celtics Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Jayson Tatum Jersey . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-reggie-lewis-celtics-jersey/ . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Robert Williams Celtics Jersey .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Robert Williams Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night.Aston Villa should be considering Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy to lead them in Sky Bet Championship, according to Ian Holloway. McCarthy has a proven track record in the Championship, leading both Sunderland and Wolves to promotion and getting Ipswich into the play-offs last season on one of the smaller budgets in the division.Aston Villa, who have been an ever-present Premier League club before this seasons pending relegation, sacked Remi Garde in March. Mick McCarthy should be on the shortlist for the next Aston Villa job, without a shadow of a doubt, Holloway told Sky Sports. A play-off before the play-offs? We look at the permutations in a thrilling Championship promotion race I think Ipswich will do well to hold onto McCarthy this summer. Someone with his credibility and know-how will be hot property.A big rebuilding job will be required at Villa Park next season on and off the pitch. Villa must go for someone who knows the Championship and have seen it and done it before. Holloway on Villa Their relegation from the Premier League was followed by the immediate resignation of directors David Bernstein and Mervyn King, who were in the middle of a wholesale review of what had gone so desperately wrong this season.ddddddddddddHolloway believes in order for Villa to come back stronger they must hire a manager who knows how to negotiate his way through the slog of a Championship season. Villa must go for someone who knows the Championship and have seen it and done it before, Holloway said. Mick McCarthy (L) and Ian Holloway (R) have enjoyed many battles over the years Its going to take someone with real experience to clean up that mess. Its going to take down to earth talking. A straight talking person will need to lead and make the players believe again. That man will need to get the overpaid players who dont care out of the door. It will take someone with great skill to achieve that. Its massive job and someone has a huge job on their hands. Theyll be a long queue of people whod want that job - its a belting gig, but its one hell of a project. Get Sky Sports Alerts Breaking news, line ups and goal alerts from your football club - direct to your mobile Also See: Villa fixtures Villa stats Get a £10 free bet! ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz