Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

12.08.2019 12:54
Vijay was walking off when he c Antworten

Former Butler?basketball player Joel Cornette has died of natural causes at the age of 35, his family announced to the university early Tuesday morning.The Cook County coroner said Cornette was found dead in a Chicago apartment at 1:02 a.m. Tuesday. An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.This morning, we spoke with the Cornette family, who has confirmed that their beloved son and brother, Joel, passed away early this morning due to natural causes, a statement issued by Butler University said. They are shocked and devastated by this news. The Butler family also mourns the loss of one of our favorite Bulldogs. Additional information will be released by the Cornette family as it becomes available. Please join us in keeping the Cornette family in your thoughts and prayers.Cornette, who graduated from Butler in 2003, recorded 1,100 points, 712 rebounds and 144 blocks as he helped lead the Bulldogs to three NCAA tournament appearances in his four seasons. Butler had a 100-30 record in Cornettes four seasons.Former Bulldogs coach Brad Stevens, now with the?Celtics, remembered his former player on Twitter.Cornette grew up in Cincinnati and starred at St. Xavier High School before arriving at Butler, where he made the conference all-defensive team three times and earned second-team all-conference honors as a senior in 2002-03.He might be best known for his soaring dunk off a rebound in the closing seconds to beat Indiana 66-64 in 2001. The Bulldogs victory ended Indianas 39-game win streak in the Hoosier Classic.Joel was the consummate team-first teammate, Butler AD Barry Collier told ESPN. He played an important role as a leader and believer of his teammates and the Butler Way. His spirit and confidence carried the team in his time as a Bulldog. Gone too early, may he rest in peace. We are praying for his family.?After graduating in 2003, Cornette returned to the program as director of basketball operations in 2006-07. The next year, he followed coach Todd Lickliter to Iowa.Words cant express what Joel meant to my family, Butler, Indianapolis, basketball and probably anyone hes ever encountered, said Lickliter, now a scout for the Celtics. The only negative I can think of is that he made it very difficult to coach others because he set a bar that was incredible, a standard that was so high. He did things that only winners do.Cornette coached with the Hawkeyes for three seasons, then joined Priority Sports & Entertainment as the director of basketball recruiting in 2012.Joel was more than just an agent to me, former Wisconsin star and current NBA player?Sam Dekker?wrote on Twitter. He was an awesome man and unreal friend.Said Priority Sports CEO Mark Bartelstein to ESPN: He was as good a teammate as you will ever find. The best way Id describe Joel is like a German shepherd. He was loyal beyond belief and always had your back -- in business and in life. He was a gentle giant, a big man who had the biggest heart. Our business was such a better place from the day we brought him in.For the Bulldogs, it is yet another sad chapter in what has been a difficult year. In January, former center Andrew Smith died after a long battle with cancer. He was 25. Less than a month later, Emerson Kampens 6-month-old son died from a genetic disorder that affects the central nervous system. Kampen, a former Butler player and a close friend of Smiths, was the teams basketball analyst and video coordinator.ESPNs Andy Katz, Jeff Goodman and The Associated Press contributed to this report. Wholesale Football Jerseys Authentic .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. Authentic Football Jerseys Cheap . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. http://www.cheapfootballjerseyscustom.com/ . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Football Jerseys 2020 Outlet . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Wholesale Football Jerseys Authentic . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. M Vijay is difficult to slot into one genre of batting. He has T20 hundreds, but is one of the best defensive batsmen going around in Test cricket. He strikes at around 46 runs per 100 balls, but is already only one six short of getting into the top 10 six-hitting Test openers. Only one of the 10 ahead of him is a defensive batsman: Navjot Sidhu, who similarly attacked spinners.Just like the cricketer that he is, Vijay is an emotional person, but doesnt open up with many. Having addressed a press conference after scoring his eighth Test century, one that put India in command in the Mumbai Test, Vijay was walking off when he called out a journalist he knows. He told the journalist to make an announcement on his behalf: that he wants to dedicate this innings to the father of a close friend back home who died on the first day of the Test. That he was sorry he couldnt be there for his friend, only whose first name he gave: Srinath.This was a century that came after failings both similar and uncharacteristic. Vijay is known for scoring big at the start of a series and then fading away, but these failures were coming against the short ball from somebody who has tackled it with aplomb all over the world. Vijay is, in fact, one of the best - if not the best - leavers of the ball. Vijay acknowledged that failing.I did think about it [short balls] because I was playing at the balls I should be leaving generally, Vijay said. There are lot of other factors to it. I dont want to reveal them. But yeah, the definite gameplan is to back my core game, believe in it and come back fresh, and to play this Test match the way I wanteed to play.ddddddddddddThe eight-day break between the third and fourth Tests perhaps turned this into a bit of a start of something new. The break helped me, Vijay said. And it helped everybody, I guess, to go and rethink and come back better.One of the first successes for Vijay was hitting an overpitched Adil Rashid wrongun for six, which resulted in Rashid being taken out of the attack at a time when spinners were troubling Vijay. Actually, my gameplan is to attack the spinners because I dont want them to settle in one particular area where they find it comfortable, Vijay said. I just wanted to use my feet and use the depth of the crease, and play according to my gameplan. It came out pretty well, I guess.Asked to rate this innings vis-à-vis his others, Vijay said: It is special because I started off well in this series, Vijay said. And then a couple of matches I couldnt play the way I wanted to play. I was getting out too early. I just came out with a much clearer mindset in this game. And I just wanted to back my instinct and play.The innings was special not least because it - with the help of a Virat Kohli masterclass - has given India a 51-run lead with three wickets in hand. Considering how much the ball has turned, that is a massive lead.Definitely [in control of this match], Vijay said, because any lead is gold in this wicket. During tea time, we just thought get close to their target, but the way Virat and Jayant Yadav are batting, I think we are in a pretty good position. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz