Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

12.08.2019 12:53
Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby for the N Antworten

DAVIE, Fla. -- Faster than you can say Jay Ajayi -- or maybe its Jay Ajayi?! -- the Miami Dolphins have turned their season around. Thanks to their running back, theyre back in the running for a playoff berth.Two weeks ago, the Dolphins were a field goal away from being the NFLs only winless team. But they begin their bye week at 3-4 following back-to-back wins and consecutive 200-yard rushing performances by Ajayi, who doubled his career rushing total and matched an NFL record shared by two Hall of Famers.The Dolphins remain long shots to halt the reign of New England (6-1) in the AFC East. But theyre in the mix for a wild-card berth that would end an eight-year playoff drought.When you come into the locker room the last two weeks, its just a better feeling, guard Jermon Bushrod said Monday. I chase that feeling. I want to be in the locker room hugging and joking around with the guys after the game, instead of sitting there sulking.Nobody wants to be talked about in a bad manner. Were tired of it.Ajayi changed the conversation by rushing for 204 yards against Pittsburgh and 214 on Sunday against Buffalo. His bruising, tackle-breaking style has transformed the Dolphins into a run-first, ball-control team that dominated the line of scrimmage the past two weeks on both offense and defense.Its just being physical, defensive end Mario Williams said. Were definitely trying to change the culture here, and it starts with that.It starts with Ajayi, and thats a surprise. After being taken 149th in the 2015 draft, he had just 80 carries in his first 21 games on the Dolphins roster. In the past two weeks he has 54 carries while becoming only the fourth player to rush for 200 yards in consecutive games, joining O.J. Simpson, Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams. He leads the league with 6.3 yards per carry.I didnt know he had it in him, tackle Branden Albert said. I knew he ran hard, but I didnt know he ran this hard.Ajayi has benefited from the blocking of an offensive line that was in flux because of injuries and illness until Week 6. Now Ajayi is consistently passing the line of scrimmage before he encounters contact.The successful ground game has reduced pressure on Ryan Tannehill, who has been sacked only once in the past two games while posting his highest passer ratings of the year.Were not trying to toot our horns, and I know things were looking ugly for us in certain games, Albert said. But we didnt have all our guns. Now weve got everybody healthy.Playing to his teams strength, first-year coach Adam Gase has been willing to keep the ball on the ground, even though he was hired because of his success with the pass.Adam gets a rash from calling too many run plays, offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said with a smile.Gase said calling for handoffs is a no-brainer because Ajayi keeps getting first downs even when the opposition knows whats coming. But recent success wont help in games to come, beginning Nov. 6 against the New York Jets.When we get to the Jets, were going to have to prove it all over again, because theyre not going to care what we did last week, Gase said. Theyre going to say, `Run it, because were going to stop you. We have to establish everything all over again.The schedule improves the chances the Dolphins can sustain their momentum. Ajayi said he felt fine Monday, but after two bruising wins, Gase said this weeks bye comes at a good time for the young running back and the rest of the team.The Dolphins conclude an NFL record 44-day homestand when they host the Jets (2-5). The next game against a team with a winning record isnt until Christmas Eve, with the next eight opponents a combined 15-26-1.We just want to keep this rolling, Ajayi said. It feels really good to win. You see how it is when you get those losses pile up. Now were starting to catch a rhythm, and we want to keep it going.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine Tracy McGrady Rockets Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Clyde Drexler Rockets Jersey . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/Authentic-Gerald-Green-Rockets-Jersey/ . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Custom Houston Rockets Jerseys . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Eric Gordon Rockets Jersey . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. ST. LOUIS -- Patrik Laine has been a one-man show for the Winnipeg Jets of late, and he capped his performance Saturday night with fitting flash.Laine set up Bryan Little for an overtime goal and also got his 16th score of the season, helping the Jets beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2.It feels good, said Laine, who has four goals and an assist over the last three games. And now we finally get the win as a team, so Im really happy.Laine pushed a backhand pass across the slot to Little 17 seconds into OT, helping Winnipeg end a six-game road losing streak.It gets a little bit of confidence in the room when you hit the road that you can play that game and get a good result, Jets right wing Blake Wheeler said.Laine tied Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby for the NHL goals lead with a score assisted by Little midway through the second period.Michael Hutchinson stopped 20 of 22 shots to get his first win since Oct. 28, snapping a string of four straight losses. Chris Thorburn also scored for Winnipeg.Alexander Steen and Dmitrij Jaskin scored for St. Louis. The Blues fell to 11-1-3 at home, ending their six-game home winning streak. The Blues have a point in their last 12 home games.The game just really wasnt consistent, Jaskin said. We had three or four power plays in the first period and its hard to get into the game and everything was kind of bouncing and it really wasnt going well.St. Louis failed to convert on all four of its power-play attempts, snapping a streak of four straight games scoring at least one power-play goal.Carter Hutton stopped 20 of 23 shots and has lost his last four games.Little won it withh his second goal of the season, blowing past Steen before one-touching Laines pass to complete a 2-on-1 rush.ddddddddddddI dont know where the two Blues guys were, Laine said. I saw Little going back door and I just wanted to pass it to him and it was an awesome finish.I didnt think we were going to get beat back door because it looked like a 1-on-1 to me, Hutton said. So Im playing the players and its not really my guy. Obviously, its frustrating.Thorburn opened the scoring with a short-handed goal. St. Louis Vladimir Tarasenko fanned on a shot attempt, leaving the puck for Blake Wheeler to lead a 2-on-1 break down the ice.Steen got St. Louis on the board 5:16 into the second period with his third goal of the season and first since Oct. 22. The goal was the 200th of Steens career.Jaskin scored his first goal of the season 2:10 later, elevating a shot just over Hutchinsons right pad.Laine buried a feed from Little to tie it 9:18 into the second period.Game notes Steen also got his 150th goal with St. Louis. ... C Kyle Brodziak played his 100th game with the Blues. ... St. Louis D Robert Bortuzzo left with a lower-body injury early in the second period and did not return. ... Winnipeg C Mark Scheifele was scratched with a lower-body injury. ... Winnipeg snapped a streak of four straight games allowing at least one power-play goal to St. LouisUP NEXTSt. Louis: Hosts Montreal on Tuesday night to conclude a five-game homestand.Winnipeg: Plays at Chicago on Sunday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz