Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

11.08.2019 12:37
said a self-assessment is what helped him break o Antworten

CHICAGO -- San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy announced Friday he will go with right-hander Jeff Samardzija in Game 2 of the teams National League Division Series against the Chicago Cubs, Samardzijas former team.Bochy had vacillated with his decision Thursday. His ace, Madison Bumgarner?--?who is coming off a complete-game shutout in the NL wild-card game Wednesday -- is lined up to pitch in Game 3 in San Francisco. Johnny Cueto started Game 1, a 1-0 Giants loss.Bochy said he will start lefty Matt Moore?in Game 4, if necessary.I dont really second-guess too many decisions Boch makes, Samardzija said. Hes usually spot-on with his decisions. Im just going to take and run with his confidence in me and not let him down.Samardzija was drafted out of Notre Dame by the Cubs in 2006 before he was traded to Oakland in 2014. He went 12-11 with a 3.81 ERA for the Giants after signing a five-year, $90 million deal this past offseason after spending the 2015 season with the White Sox.Samardzija will be making his first postseason start. As a rookie in the 2008 NLDS, he pitched one inning of relief for the Cubs against the Los Angeles Dodgers, allowing two hits and a run.I think it makes for nice headlines, but outside of [Anthony] Rizzo and [Travis] Wood and a couple other guys, its essentially a new team, Samardzija said. A lot of the young guys were not in the Show yet when I was there. Its the playoffs. It doesnt matter who youre playing. It seems to be a great team with a great lineup, a great starting staff and a great bullpen.Samardzija met with Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein last offseason before signing with San Francisco, but the Cubs focused on outfielder?Jason Heyward and pitcher John Lackey.There was a handful of teams that I could see myself playing for with the direction they were going, the strength of the division, the guys they had in their farm team, he said. So obviously the Cubs checked all those boxes. I had good relationships with the people that were there. Just unfortunately when it came down to it, we were kind of looking for different things.In his only start at Wrigley Field as a visiting pitcher, Samardzija lasted just four innings, allowing three runs on five hits on Sept. 1.Obviously, everythings a little different when you pitched in one place for so long and then have to go do it on the other side, he said. But really not worried about that too much. Im just excited that Im getting an opportunity to pitch in a playoff game, which for me they have been few and far between with going in 2008 and then going briefly in 2014. For me, Im excited to have that opportunity and never matters where its at or what time of day it is. Its just the playoffs are the playoffs and you want to have a good showing.The Giants have 12 pitchers and 13 position players on their postseason roster. Rookie left-hander?Ty Blach, who went 1-0 with a 1.06 ERA in four games late in the season, was active for the NLDS after he was left off the wild-card roster.The Associated Press contributed to this report.Alex Sandro Jersey . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Blank Juventus Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Medhi-Benatia-Jersey/ .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Rodrigo Bentancur Juventus Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Leonardo Bonucci Juventus Jersey . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring.PHILADELPHIA -- Whether the motivation came from within or from a challenge from his manager, Tommy Joseph certainly has responded.Joseph homered, doubled and drove in three runs Wednesday night, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Chicago White Sox 8-3.Earlier this month, Joseph was struggling and found himself on the bench. Since then, hes hit .480 in his last seven games.Josephs homer off White Sox ace Chris Sale was his 21st of the season, third-best among big league rookies.Manager Pete Mackanin had stated Joseph needed to be better at the plate. Joseph said a self-assessment is what helped him break out.The challenge came from within myself, Joseph said. When it comes from Pete, it gets out there publicly.Joseph hit an RBI double in the first inning. He connected for a two-run homer off Sale (16-9) in the third.I was just trying to attack strikes, Joseph said. Hes a good enough pitcher where if he gets ahead of you, hes going to make you pay. So that was our collective game plan as a team, to capitalize on his mistake early in the count.Cameron Rupp, Maikel Franco and Cesar Hernandez all had two-hit games for the Phillies. Hernandez hit his 10th triple of the season, tied for second best in the majors, and has reached base safely in 26 consecutive games.Philadelphia has won four of five. The White Sox have lost five in a row.It was the second-shortest outing of the season for Sale, and it snapped his run of six consecutive starts of at least eight innings. In four starts this season against NL teams, Sale is 0-4 with an 8.72 ERA.Jerad Eickhoff (11-13) pitched seven innings and gave up six hits, including three solo home runs, while striking out six.Eickhoff was relieved to get some offense from his teammates as he entered the game with the third-worst run supporrt in the NL.ddddddddddddo get that run support is huge off a guy like Sale, Eickhoff said. Its just awesome. These guys are battling, fighting their way through each at-bat. We just found ways to put runners on base and get guys home.Adam Eaton led off the game with a home run Todd Frazier hit his 38th in the seventh and Alex Avila followed with a drive in the seventh.Phillies outfielder Tyler Goeddel had to leave the game in the sixth after being hit in the head by reliever Chris Beck.Goeddel was the fourth Philadelphia player to be hit in the game, tying a franchise record that last occurred in 1960. Sale hit three batters.Everyone is entitled to have a bad night and tonight was mine, unfortunately. It would have been nice to sneak out of here with a win but I was just awful tonight, Sale said.ODDITYEickhoff has allowed seven home runs in his last two starts, but only six earned runs. Six of the seven homers have been solo shots. The seventh was a three-run homer, but all three runs were unearned because of an earlier error. Eickhoff has given up 29 homers this season, tying Brandon Finnegan of Cincinnati for the most in the NL.THIS AND THATEatons homer led off the game. It was the fifth time hes done that this season and ninth time in his career. ... Phillies OF Roman Quinn reached base four times without a hit (two walks, twice hit by a pitch).UP NEXTWhite Sox: RHP Miguel Gonzalez (4-7, 3.83) faces Indians RHP Trevor Bauer (11-8, 4.24) in the opener of a three-game series in Cleveland on Friday night.Phillies: LHP Adam Morgan (2-10, 5.49) take on Mets RHP Seth Lugo (4-2, 2.35) in the opener of a four-game series in New York on Thursday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz