Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

09.08.2019 09:37
hasnt set particular numbers for Russell to ta Antworten

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Jack McVeigh had 16 points and hit a key 3-pointer late as Nebraska opened up a 22-point first-half lead then held off a second-half South Dakota rally to take a 73-61 win on Saturday.Nebraska (5-3) hit 10 of its first 15 shots, 4 of 7 from 3-point range, while the Husker defense stifled South Dakota (6-4). The Coyotes hit just 2 of their first 11 shots and turned the ball over six times in the game-opening stretch that saw Nebraska lead 26-4 with 11:23 left in the first half.Nebraska led 41-21 on McVeighs 3-pointer with 2:53 left in the half, but the Huskers hit just one field goal and a pair of free throws the rest of the half and the Coyotes trailed 45-31 at halftime.The Huskers made 5 of 16 shots against South Dakotas zone defense to open the second half and turned the ball over eight times. Nebraska hit 33 percent of its shots in the second half.Trailing 56-42, the Coyotes went on a 12-0 run, cutting the Husker lead to two on Matt Mooneys layup with 7:30 left. Nebraskas Tai Webster countered with a 3-pointer to push the lead back to five and McVeighs 3 with 2:45 left made it 67-58.Webster had 12 points and a career-high nine assists for Nebraska, Michael Jacobson added 11 points and Ed Morrow Jr. and Glynn Watson Jr. finished with 10 each for the HuskersMooney led South Dakota (6-4) with 18 points. Tyler Flack finished with 13 points and Trey Dickerson had 11.BIG PICTURENebraska: Saturdays contest against South Dakota was a breather in the Huskers challenging pre-conference schedule. Nebraska played No. 11 UCLA the Friday after Thanksgiving, traveled to Clemson last week and will face No. 10 Creighton and No. 4 Kansas in its next two games.South Dakota: South Dakota is off to its best start since joining NCAA Division 1 in 2008.UP NEXTNebraska host Creighton on December 7.South Dakota hosts Montana State on December 7. Eric Dickerson Youth Jersey . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Kurt Warner Womens Jersey . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic-todd-gurley-rams-jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Tyler Higbee Womens Jersey . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessees Mercedes Russell wants to build on the momentum she established in the NCAA Tournament and meet the considerable expectations that surrounded the 6-foot-6 junior since her arrival on campus.Russell averaged a double-double in the tournament and had a 25-point, 15-rebound performance in a regional semifinal victory over Ohio State. She delivered the production many Lady Volunteers fans anticipated from Russell when multiple recruiting services rated her the nations No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2013.It definitely helped my confidence, I would say, in a lot of ways, said Russell, of Springfield, Oregon.Her development is critical as the Lady Vols deal with a lack of frontcourt depth following the graduation of Bashaara Graves, one of only five players in school history to combine 1,000 career rebounds and 1,500 points.Overall depth is a concern for Tennessee, which opens the season Nov. 11 at James Madison. Tennessees roster includes 11 players, but only nine of them are available this season because of injuries to sophomore guard Tea Cooper and junior forward Cheridene Green.But the lack of proven performers is particularly evident in the frontcourt.I definitely have a lot of responsibility just because Im the only returning post, Russell said. As an upperclassman, I know I have to step up and help the other posts. I know the responsibility I have in the frontcourt is huge.Tennessees coaches have made that clear.Assistant coach Dean Lockwood says the staff hasnt set particular numbers for Russell to target but adds that she needs to be a pretty consistent double-double performer. Coaches say Russell is stronger and gained confidence and assertiveness.We need to get Mercedes the ball more, coach Holly Warlick said. Thats difficult when people are keying in on her, running a zone and packing it in on her. Thats hard because Mercedes shoots a great percentage, so weve got tto find ways to try to get her the ball a little bit more, and she has to work a little harder (to get the ball).dddddddddddd I think shes doing that right now. Its a compliment to her, but it also forces her to take her game to another level.Russell has been accustomed to dealing with high expectations. She was Tennessees highest-ranked recruit since Candace Parker signed with the Lady Vols in 2004.Injuries and inconsistency have made it tough for Russell to live up to that ranking, although she has been productive.Russell spent her entire freshman season dealing with foot problems that limited her effectiveness. She eventually underwent surgeries on both of her feet and sat out the entire 2014-15 season to recover.Last year was really truly Mercedes freshman year, Warlick said. Her (actual) freshman year, her feet were bad. She couldnt even run up and down the floor.She returned to action last season and averaged 9.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks, although her real breakthrough came in the postseason. She had 13 points and 10.3 rebounds per game and shot 68.6 percent from the floor in the NCAA Tournament.Russells emergence helped Tennessee make a surprising run to a regional final as a No. 7 seed during a season in which the Lady Vols went 22-14 and set a school record for losses. The Lady Vols need her to make even more strides as they chase their first Final Four appearance since their 2008 championship season.Her being a high school player of the year, people say, `Oh gosh, we expect to see Breanna Stewart or Tina Charles, Lockwood said. She hasnt been that yet, but at the same time, shes been very consistent. Last year she was very consistent for us in terms of productivity, field-goal percentage and rebounding.We want more -- and I think she knows shes capable of more. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz