Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

09.08.2019 07:34
tice following his sudden promotion from Toro Ross Antworten

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs are dominating on the mound, making sparkling plays in the field and coming through with big hits at the plate.There is not much to criticize when a team is rolling along like this.Jason Hammel won his career-best fifth straight start, pitching four-hit ball over seven scoreless innings, and Chicago beat the Los Angeles Angels 3-1 on Wednesday night for their season-high ninth straight win.The major league-leading Cubs matched their longest streak since Aug. 6-15 of last year and moved a season-best 30 games over .500 (71-41). They come into a four-game set against St. Louis at Wrigley Field with three straight series sweeps after consecutive victories over the Angels.Hammel (12-5) struck out six, walked two and helped himself at the plate when he singled and scored in the fifth against Ricky Nolasco to make it 2-0.Addison Russell made it 3-1 with a solo homer off JC Ramirez in the eighth.Dexter Fowler chipped in with two hits, including an RBI double. Anthony Rizzo drove in a run with a single, and the Cubs made several neat plays in the field on the way to their 12th win in 13 games.Ive never been on a team this good before, Hammel said. Its kind of silly to go out and watch the guys, how consistent they are. You know something goods going to happen.One sour note for the Cubs. They lost reliever Pedro Strop to a left knee injury late in the game.The Angels, last in the AL West, matched a season high with their sixth straight loss. And with their next four games at AL Central leader Cleveland, the schedule doesnt get much easier.Nolasco (4-9) was a tough-luck loser, allowing two runs and six hits in six innings. The right-hander struck out six and walked one in his second start since the Angels acquired him in a trade from Minnesota on Aug. 1.Theyre right at the top with anybody, Nolasco said. Theyre a good team. Obviously there are no breaks in there and theyve got some pretty good guys at the top of the order. Anytime youve got Kris Bryant hitting second, it shows you a lot right there what kind of lineup theyve got.Strop came on in the eighth for Chicago and had to be helped off the field when he tried to make a play on Yunel Escobars leadoff tapper down the third base line. Strop slid in front of third baseman Javier Baez and his left leg appeared to bend awkwardly.He is scheduled for an MRI on Thursday.Travis Wood then gave up a double to Kole Calhoun, putting runners on second and third. Albert Pujols drove in a run with a sharp grounder to second after Carl Edwards Jr. struck out Mike Trout, and Andrelton Simmons grounded out to shortstop to end the rally.Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth for his fourth save in five chances since the Cubs got him in a trade with the New York Yankees last month.Were getting great starting pitching, manager Joe Maddon said. Were getting timely hitting and extraordinary defense. Thats a nice formula to win at any level.LA STELLA UPDATEMaddon said he had no update on INF Tommy La Stella, who has refused to report to Triple-A Iowa after being optioned to the minors nearly two weeks ago. La Stella, who was placed on the temporary inactive list Tuesday, told ESPN.com that hes contemplating retirement and doesnt want to play for another team.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: RHP Garrett Richards, out for the season with a torn elbow ligament, was in good spirits after a pregame workout. Hes scheduled to have an imaging test Monday to determine if he can start playing catch. Richards is trying to avoid Tommy John surgery. I feel zero discomfort in my arm, he said.Cubs: Reliever Hector Rondon (triceps) remained sidelined, Maddon expects him to be available in a few days.UP NEXTAngels: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (3-7, 5.27 ERA) makes his first start since July 1 as Los Angeles takes on RHP Corey Kluber (11-8, 3.22) and the Indians.Cubs: LHP Jon Lester (12-4, 2.93) tries to win his third straight start and keep the Cubs win streak going against RHP Carlos Martinez (10-7, 3.29) and the Cardinals.Nike Roshe Cortez Nm Sp Forrest Gump . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Shox r4 .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. http://www.siyaguna.com/nike-shox-nz.html . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Comprar Nike Roshe Cortez NM SP Blanco/Negro Hombre/Mujer . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Nike Tanjun Mujer Gris . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net.Max Verstappen admitted he surprised himself with his stirring qualifying debut for Red Bull in Spain - suggesting he hasnt even yet found the limit of his new car.Verstappens early steps in F1 since the beginning of 2015 have been surrounded by plenty of fanfare and the 18-year-old threatened to top all that had gone before as he led new team-mate Daniel Ricciardo until the final part of qualifying, with Red Bull unexpectedly proving Mercedes closest challengers at Barcelona.Although three-time race winner Ricciardo won the battle for third in Q3 with a stunning late lap of his own, Verstappen still stayed ahead of the Ferraris for a career-best fourth on the grid. Having never driven the RB12 before Friday practice following his sudden promotion from Toro Rosso last week, the Dutchman said: To be honest, I didnt know what to expect. But it was very positive - thats for sure.I never thought about that because for me qualifying was just about enjoying it and getting the feeling with the car. It worked fine. Max Verstappen enjoyed his first qualifying in a Red Bull car, but was not getting carried away after securing a fourth place at Barcelona Asked what he had expected, Verstappen replied: I expected completely nothing. I was just thinking about myself jumping in the car and from there onwards see what happens.Ricciardo eventually out-qualified him by 0.4 seconds, but Verstappen says his pace so far in the car is clearly not the limit as I still dont know where the limit is.Qualy report: Lewis on pole, as Bulls stun FerrariYou should see it as the first winter test day because its a completely different car, he added. You always make a lot of progress [from there].Asked if his team-mates late surge to third had left him even slightly frustrated, Verstappen replied: Absolutely not, I was very pleased with my first qualifying.dddddddddddd I was enjoying it a lot and I think we both pushed each other, which is very good for the team.With Red Bulls 2016 renaissance kicking up a gear on Saturday, the teams second-row lockout makes them favourites to at least claim the final podium finish behind Mercedes in Sundays race. Red Bull team principal Christian Horner was amazed to have both drivers finish ahead of Ferrari in Spanish qualifying At 18 years old, Verstappen - whose best F1 result is fourth place so far - would replace Red Bull predecessor Sebastian Vettel as the sports youngest-ever podium finisher were he to end up in the top three on Sunday. The German was 21 when he set the record in 2008.However, despite potentially being on the brink of history, Verstappen is keeping his feet on the ground.I never start dreaming, he said. I just focus. [The race] is all about a clean start, a clean first lap and from there hopefully we have a good pace.Watch the Spanish GP live on Sky Sports F1. The race starts at 1pm on Sunday, with build-up underway at 11.30am. Or watch the race without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here.Also See:Spanish Qualy: Lewis back on poleVOTE: Which driver line-up is best? ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz