Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

19.07.2019 09:41
, one on defense -- in a span of about Antworten

The long drought for Canadians at the RBC Canadian Open will continue but, at the very least, there was some Canadian content on the winning team this year. While Brandt Snedeker hit all the shots that led to his second PGA Tour title of the year and sixth of his career, the guy pulling the clubs for him was Scott Vail, a native of Oshawa, Ont. who now calls downtown Toronto home. Vail has been with Snedeker for all six of his victories but this was, perhaps, the sweetest one for the caddie. "It was funny," said Vail. "As Brandt was tapping out he said How does it feel to win your own national championship? So I had a giggle with him." Vail may not have swung a club, but Snedeker was full of praise for his bag carrier as the two made their way around a cool, windy Glen Abbey. Nowhere was his input more important than on the 12th hole, when Snedekers ball ended up over the green and in some deep cabbage with a log sitting inches from it. "He did a great job on 12 today," said Snedeker. "There was a crack in the log, and I didnt see it. It was really a wet, thick log. If we moved the log the way I was going to move it, it probably would have broken off and rolled down and hit the ball. He did a great job of catching me there and getting me thinking clearly." "I said You better put two hands on that," added Vail. "So we played a game of Operation, like we were kids." The partnership between the two started years ago on the Nationwide Tour and has continued for all of Snedekers PGA Tour tenure. Vail began his career carrying bags on PGA Tour Canada, working for, among others, Derek Gillespie. Vail and Snedeker have formed a strong relationship, and Vail knows when and where to step in and say something or call his boss off a shot. As things were getting somewhat crazy on the back nine, a CBS technician told Vail about Dustin Johnsons triple bogey on the 17th hole, dropping him from a tie for the lead and giving Snedeker a two-shot cushion. But Vail knew to keep that to himself, giving his golfer just the right amount of information. "My caddie does a great job of letting me know how aggressive I need to be," Snedeker stated. "When he said just give yourself a birdie putt at it, I figured it was a pretty cushy lead. "He only tells me what I need to know." Just as the golfer is full of praise for the caddie, the caddie is in awe of the golfer. Vail has seen his man grow as a player, first turning into a bona fide PGA Tour player, then a winner and then ending the reputation he gained for not being able to close out tournaments when leading. "He just keeps getting better and better," said Vail. "He knows how to win with the lead. Before the Tour Championship last year, the naysayers were saying he couldnt hold a lead. I think hes proved to everybody that hes more than comfortable holding a lead. "Hes a fighter," added Vail. "If he gets knocked down hes going to get back up. Weve faced a lot of adversity during our tenure and he always gets back up. Hes got a lot of heart." The two will be together again on Monday at the Oshawa Golf and Curling Club, when Vail is named to the clubs wall of fame. As part of the festivities, theres a golf tournament that will raise some money for the local hospital. Vail may be able to help in that regard too. The traditional cut of the first place cheque in a tour event for a caddie is 10 per cent, meaning he will collect roughly $100,000. While the cash is important, the win itself may be sweeter, especially for a guy who, as a kid at that course, never dreamed about winning the Open. "Its just ironic that it happened," Vail said. "Its a pretty cool story I guess. It will be an enjoyable win." Chris Taylor Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Cody Bellinger Jersey . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http://www.dodgerssale.com/dodgers-corey-seager-jersey/ . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. Kenta Maeda Dodgers Jersey . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Justin Turner Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. KINGSTON, R.I. -- Rhode Island coach Dan Hurley felt the key to defeating Belmont was to limit the Bruins proficiency from beyond the 3-point arc.The 23rd-ranked Rams held the Bruins to 18.5 percent shooting (5 of 27) from 3-point range and posted an 82-73 victory Friday night.The plan tonight was to keep them to five 3s or less and keep them under 25 percent, Hurley said. We felt like they wouldnt be able to score enough 2s to beat us if we just eliminated that 3-point line.We were willing to give up some things around the basket because theyre such a lethal, 3-point shooting team. We were willing to trade 2s with them and felt the only way we could lose was if they made 3.Hassan Martin paced the Rams (5-1) with a career-high 31 points while Jarvis Garrett added a season-high 23. Garrett also matched his career-high for 3-pointers with four.Martin shot a blistering 70 percent (14 of 20) from the field.Hassan was a monster, Hurley said.The Bruins (1-3), who played without leading scorer Evan Bradds (concussion), didnt have an answer for Martin.My main thing was to take advantage of their size, Martin said. I was looking forward to the matchup with Bradds. But once I got myself going I just didnt stop.Im surrounded by scorers which gives me space to operate. Im comfortable with my back to the basket.Nick Smith led Belmont with 17 points while Dylan Windler contributed a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds.Rhode Island led by as many as 20 points early in the second half before Windler led a rally that pulled the Bruins within 58-52.Martin blunted that rally by scoring eight points during an 11-5 run.If youre not in a Power 5 conference these are the type of nonconference games you have to play, Hurley said. You have to take risks. You have to play games against people that have the potential to make the (NCAA) Tournament.BIG PICTUREBelmont: The Bruins have won more than 20 games and earned a postseason tournament berth in 10 of the last 11 years. They began the season as one of only seven non-Power 5 programs to earn national Top 25 poll votes and post a Top 100 RPI in each of the last six seasons.Rhode Island: After splitting two games against ranked teams (including then-No.dddddddddddd1 Duke) in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament, the Thanksgiving Day break was a welcome respite for the Rams who had played five games in 10 days. No Ram needed the break more than E.C. Matthews, who underwent surgery early last season to repair a torn ACL and played on consecutive days for the first time in 20 months in the Tip-Off Tournament.POLL IMPLICATIONS: By defeating a quality, mid-major school, Rhode Island ensured it should remain in the Top 25 for a fifth consecutive week.STAT OF THE NIGHT: Belmont stepped on the Ryan Center court shooting 44.2 percent (80 of 181) from beyond the 3-point arc. But Rhode Islands man-to-man defense held the Bruins to 18.5 percent (5 of 27) from 3-point range.HIGHLIGHT REEL: Martin flashed his athletic ability early in the first half when he flipped the ball over his head, off the glass and in the basket.STAR WATCH: Smith had the thankless task of making his first start in place of Bradds, who was sidelined with a concussion. Smith scored 17 points, one shy of his career high, and shot 50 percent from the field (5 of 10).TURNING POINT: The Bruins had reduced what was a 20-point deficit to 58-52 with 12:04 remaining. Martin then took control of the game and scored eight points that keyed an 11-5 Rhode Island run for a 69-57 lead. Seven points was the closest Belmont would get after that run.LETDOWN: Matthews began play as Rhode Islands leading scorer (17.4, but he experienced a rare off night by scoring six points.UP NEXT:The Bruins, who host Lipscomb on Nov. 29, still have seven nonconference games on their schedule before they play their first Ohio Valley Conference game Dec. 31 against Austin Peay. How they fare in this portion of their schedule may serve as an indication of their chances of winning the conference title.The Rams, who are ranked for a fourth consecutive week for only the third time since the AP poll was instituted in 1949, face three severe tests when they play road games at Valparaiso and in-state rival Providence before returning home Dec. 6 against Old Dominion. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz