Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

14.03.2019 06:37
friend.Me and Jayant go a long way Antworten

Welterweight world titleholder Danny Garcia has faced less-than-threatening competition for the most part of the past three years -- Rod Salka, lest anyone forget -- and has taken heavy criticism for it.And once again, he will take on a no-hoper when he faces Samuel Vargas in a 10-round nontitle bout in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions card on Saturday night (Spike, 9 ET) at Temple Universitys Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Garcias hometown.But as poor of a matchup as the Vargas fight is, at least there is something to look forward to should Garcia do the expected and wipe him out.A Garcia victory will set up an already-announced world title unification showdown with Keith Thurman on March 4 -- site to be determined -- which is one of the best fights that can be made in boxing. Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs), the former unified junior welterweight world champion, said he is trying not to get too far ahead of himself, however.I know people are excited about the Thurman fight. I understand that and Im going to be pumped up for that one, too, Garcia, 28, said this week at the final news conference ahead of the Vargas bout. But Im not looking past anybody. Im fully focused on putting on a show at home and doing what I have to do to beat Vargas.Theres not too much to say but Im really excited to fight. I hope all the fans come out and see what theyve been missing in Philly. Im going for the knockout.A knockout wont come as a surprise. Although Vargas has won five fights in a row against low-level opposition, he was punished in a fourth-round knockout loss to Errol Spence Jr. in 2015 in the only fight in which he has faced a world-class opponent.But Vargas (25-2-1, 13 KOs), 27, who is from Colombia and fights out of Toronto, is aiming for a colossal upset.Danny is a champion for a reason. He does everything well. We just have to find a way to win, Vargas said. My trainer, Billy Briscoe, has done an amazing job of working with me and keeping me motivated. Its been a really good camp. Im looking for the upset that night. Everyone wants to see Danny fight Keith Thurman, but Im looking to make myself known. I feel confident.There are also two other 10-round fights scheduled for the telecast: up-and-coming junior middleweight Jarrett Hurd (18-0, 12 KOs), 26, of Accokeek, Maryland, against Montreals Jo Jo Dan (35-3, 18 KOs), a 35-year-old southpaw originally from Romania, and former junior lightweight titlist Javier Fortuna (30-1-1, 22 KOs), 27, of the Dominican Republic, against Omar Douglas (17-0, 12 KOs), 25, of Wilmington, Delaware.Whatever happens in the main event, there will be an interested party at ringside. Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs), 27, of Clearwater, Florida, will be in the house working as a commentator on the Spike broadcast as PBC tries to hype up the March fight.He will just get an up close and personal look at what will happen to him in March, said Garcia, who is boxing in his hometown for the first time since 2010 and for only the fourth time in his nine-year career. I hope hes paying attention. I am just going in the ring and be myself. Seek and destroy. I am taking this one round at a time. Im looking to be smart and break him down. When the opportunity comes, Im taking it and putting on a show.I am not looking past this fight. I have tunnel vision and have never looked past anyone. I know he is coming to win, but I am ready mentally and physically to get the job done.Perhaps he was being a bit dramatic, but Angel Garcia, Dannys outspoken father and trainer, seemed to indicate the level of mismatch in Saturdays fight.I just pray every day that he doesnt kill anybody in the ring, Angel Garcia said of his son. These arent the Looney Tunes. This is real right now. Vargas is in with the champ of the world. Thurman may be on the outside looking in on Saturday, but hes going to see what he has in store for him in March.Thurman told ESPN he will be paying close attention to Garcias performance and that he is looking forward to the fight he has wanted.This is everything Ive been asking for, Thurman said. This is what Ive been asking Al Haymon [Thurman and Garcias manager] for. I was really adamant about becoming a champion, but I want to acquire more than one belt. My true passion is to become the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. I love the history of the welterweight division and Im trying to be a part of that history.I got to admit [Saturdays fight] is interesting. I will have one of the best seats in the house. I will be doing a job but I will be paying attention to the details.Before he knew he would be fighting Garcia, Thurman was a commentator when Garcia outpointed Robert Guerrero in January to win a vacant welterweight world title. He hoped they would eventually fight.Watching him acquire that title and facing a prior opponent of mine, he was on my radar back then, said Thurman, who battered Guerrero in a decision win in March 2015. Now its all coming full circle and its right around the corner, March 4. Danny Garcia asked for this fight against me, but he asked for a tune-up fight first.Thurman said he will be paying attention to see how Garcia attacks Vargas.Are they going to go in for a knockout to demonstrate his power at 147 and just try to amp themselves up or are they going to take their time, maybe add something new to his fighting style or practice something, Thurman said.Thurman, who outpointed Shawn Porter in a fight of the year candidate in June, said he wanted to face Garcia at the end of this year, but because Garcia had not fought since January, his team wanted a tune-up first.I understand why his team is taking this tune-up, but what are they trying to accomplish, Thurman said. [Work on] new techniques? Prepare a game plan to mimic what they want to bring forth when they fight me? Hes supposed to beat this guy and from there hes going to be like me -- mentally focused on 2017 for the biggest fight of his career and the biggest fight of my career.There is going to be lot to talk about. I know he and his team are geared up for it. Saturday night is in preparation for 2017.But what if the unimaginable should happen and Garcia loses?Things can happen in the ring. Theres always a risk, Thurman said. I just dont like to worry about outcomes that havent manifested yet. I will be there as a spectator wishing for Danny to win and look good. I want him to look as good as he can. I want the world to be excited about it. With a mediocre performance it could kill some of the buzz. But you will be looking at two undefeated world champions in their prime going toe to toe on March 4. Buy Puma Shoes Australia . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Cheap Puma Shoes Womens . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. http://www.cheappumaaustralia.com/ . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Wholesale Puma Shoes . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Cheap Puma Shoes Online Australia . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. On the eve of the second Test in Visakhapatnam, Virat Kohli had hinted there might be a surprise in the India XI, but not even he would have thought the rabbit he pulled out of the hat could become such a hit. Jayant Yadav, on Test debut, provided his team with vital lower-order runs and then conjured a wicket out of nowhere in the field, and even made excellent use of the DRS..India finished the second day with a lead of 352 runs. That is massive enough on its own, but add to it England ending the day five down on a pitch that has been encouraging variable bounce and turn and there is little question over who has the upper hand. Jayant, a 26-year old offspin-bowling allrounder from Haryana, played no small part in tipping the balance. His first contribution was with the bat, showing stout defence against Englands spinners and the stomach for a fight against their fast bowlers, who targeted him with the short ball.Since the time I remember, since I have started playing serious cricket, not in the streets but in an academy, I have dreamt of this day, he told Star Sports after stumps. This dressing room is full of people who make you comfortable. KL Rahul, a recent debutant, told me what to expect on debut. Its good I didnt do anything yesterday, gave me time to process the emotions and formulate my plans.Also contributing to Jayants composure on the field was an old friend.Me and Jayant go a long way back actually, R Ashwin said at the post-match press conference. Two-three years ago he came down to Chennai, he was staying near my house for about two weeks. He practised with me and I know the boy really well. He is someone who can really understand what I say and we have a very, very good rapport. I felt really happy for him, the way he came out and batted positively. His body language was great. Every bit of communication between us was auguring into the parrtnership getting deeper, so I kind of enjoyed it.dddddddddddd Very happy for him to have got his first wicket as well.The two of them put on a 64-run partnership for the eighth wicket that took India to 455. Jayant made that total look a lot bigger in the 21st over of the England innings, when he instigated a fantastic run-out. Joe Root placed a flick to the right of midwicket, from where Jayant made good ground to catch up with the ball. Only, instead of stopping, steadying himself and then throwing, he took another step forward, leapt up, and hurled a throw at the wicketkeepers end, having rotated his body to face the strikers end.Root, having watched all this, changed his mind about a second run and his partner Haseeb Hameed, who had come halfway down, couldnt scramble back in time. Wriddhiman Saha also had a hand in the dismissal, running forward to collect the ball and flicking it back onto the stumps, much like his predecessor MS Dhoni.Sometimes these kind of games are broken through run-outs, Ashwin said. And more than anything else, somebody like Jayant who is making his debut and getting such momentum through a run-out and then later on going to get a wicket, really happy for him.To cap it off, Jayant took his first Test wicket - Moeen Ali, lbw. The batsman had been down the pitch when he was struck on the pad, which factored into umpire Dharmasenas on-field call of not out, but Jayant felt he was struck in line. Saha must have known Moeen hadnt charged out too far and together they convinced Kohli to go for a review. It came back as three reds.With the review, Wriddhiman Saha did the job of convincing the captain for me, Jayant told Star Sports. We both thought it was out. Cant wait to start doing this again tomorrow. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz