Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

11.07.2019 08:25
first medal race on the Alpine schedule. Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Garrett Jones is a level-headed guy. Even he gets mad sometimes. He was upset when he stepped into the batters box in the eighth inning Sunday after striking out with runners on second and third in his previous at-bat. Jones then unleashed his anger by hitting a 463-foot game-tying home run Travis Snider then hit an RBI single with two outs in the 11th inning and the Pirates, boosted by a stellar effort from its bullpen, beat the Cincinnati Reds 5-4. Five Pittsburgh relievers combined for 10 scoreless innings. Starter Jeanmar Gomez was removed with tightness in his right forearm after giving up four runs in the first. Jones drive off Jonathan Broxton cleared the right-field stands and reached the Allegheny River on the fly. It was just the second homer to make it into the river without bouncing and the first by a Pirates hitter. Daryle Ward hit the first on July 6, 2002, while playing for Houston. It was Jones sixth home run of the season, but first since May 10. "It was a swing of anger," Jones said. "I havent been getting many big hits lately and I put everything I had into that swing. It felt pretty good. I wasnt expecting to hit the ball in the river, which was pretty cool, but it was great to come through and give us a chance to win." Broxton said he tried to throw a cut fastball on the inner half of the plate "He got to it in a hurry and it went a long, long ways," Broxton said. Reds shortstop Zack Cozart made a throwing error on Russell Martins one-out grounder in the 11th. After Pedro Alvarez walked, Jordy Mercer flied out before Snider then dropped a single into right-centre off Alfredo Simon (4-2). "I put Simon in trouble," Cozart said. "I just threw it high. It was a bad play." Snider said the Pirates never felt out of it, even when they had to go to the bullpen in the second inning down 4-2. Thats been the story of the year for us -- the bullpen, starting staff has really been picking us up and given us opportunities late in games to win ballgames," said Snider, who entered the game in the ninth inning as a pinch hitter. "So anytime you can return that favour to them its a special one." Alvarez also homered for Pittsburgh. Snider and Andrew McCutchen had two hits each. Gomez left after allowing four hits, walked one and hitting a batter. Vin Mazzaro and Bryan Morris each worked three innings, Mark Melancon and Jason Grilli went one each and Wilson finished. The Pirates bullpen led the major leagues with a 2.67 ERA. "We got huge innings out of everyone," Wilson said. "It was unbelievable. Its unfortunate Gomey had to leave the game early but it was just a great job and collective effort by the bullpen." Cincinnati starter Mat Latos, who was looking to improve to 6-0, was the victim of a blown save for the fourth time this season. He got a no-decision after allowing two runs and three hits in six innings with seven strikeouts. Manager Dusty Baker lifted Latos after 94 pitches and would like to see him build more stamina. "He threw the ball well, but he hit that wall again," Baker said. "Hes got to get over that wall and get past the 90-100 pitch mark. Hes bigger and stronger than that. Thats quite a few victories that got away from him." Cozart and Todd Frazier each had two hits for Cincinnati. Cozart drove in the games first run with a triple after leadoff hitter Shin-Soo Choo was hit by a pitch. Jay Bruce and Xavier Paul then hit RBI singles and Devin Mesoraco capped the four-run first inning with a sacrifice fly. Latos hit Neil Walker with two outs in the bottom of the first inning and both teams were issued a warning by plate umpire Bob Davidson. Cincinnati second baseman Brandon Phillips, who entered the day with an NL-leading 45 RBIs, was hit twice in the series and got a bruised left forearm Saturday that caused him to miss Sundays game. While the relievers held the Reds in check, Alvarez hit his 11th home run in the second inning and McCutchen singled in a run in the sixth to draw the Pirates within 4-2 before Jones tied it and Snider won it. "We did just enough to win the game and I cant give enough credit to the job that Morris, Mazzaro, Melancon, Grilli and Wilson at the end, what they were able to do, 10 scoreless innings," Hurdle said. "Thats quite, quite a feat." NOTES: Baker said he expects Phillips to miss the three-game home series with Colorado that begins Monday night. RHP Bronson Arroyo (5-5, 3.75) is scheduled to pitch the series opener for the Reds against RHP Tyler Chatwood (3-0, 2.12). ... INF Cesar Izturis started in Phillips place and went 0-for-5. ... Pittsburgh RHP James McDonald (right shoulder discomfort) will have his injury rehab assignment moved to Triple-A Indianapolis and start Thursday after making two stars for Double-A Altoona. ... The Pirates open a three-game series at Atlanta on Monday night with RHP A.J. Burnett (3-5, 2.72) facing RHP Kris Medlen (1-6, 3.48). Custom Houston Texans Jerseys . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. Justin Reid Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.officialhoustontexanspro.com/Donta-foreman-texans-jersey/ .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. DOnta Foreman Jersey . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Lonnie Johnson Youth Jersey . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session.Rye House have signed British star Chris Harris as they gear up for their first season in the SGB Premiership. The Rockets, who announced the signing of former Belle Vue skipper Scott Nicholls on Monday, will now also include Harris who said at the end of last season that he was seeking a move from his long-time club Coventry. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price Co-promoter Steve Jenson said: The first time I met Chris was during a pre-meeting track walk at this years British semi-final at Scunthorpe. I was immediately impressed by the way he talked about the sport, and by his professional credentials. That sstuck with me, and as soon I heard that Chris was looking for a winter move to new pastures I wanted him to be a part of the team.dddddddddddd Scott Nicholls will also be in action for the Rockets next season Like Scott, he is going to be a key part of the squad, and like Scott he is going to bring much more to us than just the points he scores on the track.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Lindgren back with Wolves Revamp for British Speedway Aces l

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz