Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 79 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

05.07.2019 13:36
n Davis said.Luke Kornet scored 19 points and Riley Antworten

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Ford found some extra power at one of NASCARs fastest tracks -- enough to put Greg Biffle on the pole for the first time in almost four years.Biffle led a Ford contingent to a strong showing in qualifying for Saturday nights race at Daytona International Speedway to earn the top starting spot.He was one of seven Ford drivers to qualify in the top 14 at a track where Toyota used teamwork to win the Daytona 500 in February.Biffle was the last car to make a lap in Friday nights qualifying session and earned the top starting spot with a speed of 192.995 mph in his Roush Fenway Racing Ford.It is Biffles first pole since Charlotte in October 2012, a streak of 130 races, and he credited engine builder Doug Yates.I am not going to discredit winning a pole but we would sure like to win an open race track, Biffle said. We have been really close with a couple outside front row starts and just havent quite gotten there. It does feel good for our team though.Biffle bumped Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch from the top of the leaderboard. Edwards lap of 192.748 was good enough for second, while Busch dropped to third with a lap at 192.336.Joe Gibbs Racing had to scramble to ready Buschs backup car for qualifying after Busch destroyed his Toyota during a crash in Friday mornings practice session.Ricky Stenhouse Jr. qualified fourth to give Roush two drivers in the top four.It is a good day for the Roush Fenway Fords, Stenhouse said. The guys have been bringing really good cars to the speedways, really fast cars. It is really cool that Greg got it for our organization. It shows we are putting a lot of hard work in and it is starting to pay off at every race track.Brad Keselowski qualified fifth in a Team Penske Ford, while teammate Joey Logano was 11th and Ryan Blaney was 12th for The Wood Brothers. Roush driver Trevor Bayne was 13th and Aric Almirola 14th for Richard Petty Motorsports. All the Fords use engines built by Doug Yates.I am really happy to see a Ford on the pole with Greg Biffle and I think we will be ready to race, Keselowski said. It makes you feel really good to see all those Ford teammates up there in the front of the field.The Ford drivers will have to work together to fend off the Toyota brigade that ganged up on the field to win the Daytona 500. JGRs four drivers worked with Martin Truex Jr. to form a juggernaut that led to a Denny Hamlin win as Toyota drivers took four of the top five spots.Edwards expected a similar strategy on Saturday night.That worked really well, I dont know that it will ever work that well again, Edwards said.I assume well just try to do the same thing which was basically work together if we can and I watched a little bit of the race the other day and everything just worked out perfectly. If we can do that again, it would be great. We really have a good group of cars and we have a great group of teammates so that would be good.Austin Dillon, who was involved in a horrible accident on the last lap of this race last year in which his car went airborne into the fence, qualified sixth as the fastest Chevrolet.Jimmie Johnson was seventh and the only Hendrick Motorsports driver to advance to the second round of qualifying. Hendrick drivers had won six consecutive poles on restrictor plate tracks dating to the 2015 Daytona 500.Hamlin was ninth and Kurt Busch 10th.Truex, who lost in a photo finish to Hamlin in the 500, was 15th. Defending race winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. was 16th.Tony Stewart, who snapped an 84-race winless streak last week on the road course at Sonoma, qualified 19th.Other notes from Friday at Daytona:AVERAGE EARNHARDT: He didnt get the starting spot he hoped for, but Earnhardt still believes he has a decent shot to get his first win of the season on Saturday night.Its going to be slick in the race and handling is going to be real important, Earnhardt said. Im more concerned really with the car driving good. Might not be the fastest car out there, thats not the car that is going to win the race. I think the guy thats got the best handling package. This place is going to be pretty slick.---BUSCHS BACKUP: JGR did a good job getting Busch a strong car after he crashed his primary in Fridays practice. He had harsh words for Goodyear after the accident, which was caused by a cut tire.Busch complained he didnt have much confidence in Goodyear -- teammate Edwards also had a tire issue in the morning -- but he had softened his stance by the end of the day.From my vantage point weve had a lot of tire issues this year. Thats probably four, five or six tires that weve blown this year, Busch said. We also did the tire test at Kentucky and didnt necessarily have the best of results, I felt like. Thats where the frustration probably stemmed from and came from.Goodyear probably didnt deserve what they got from me earlier today, but thats just from earlier today.---SLOW ELLIOTT: Chase Elliott opened the year with the pole for the Daytona 500, then duplicated the fete at Talladega Superspeedway.He had no shot at making it three consecutive poles at plate tracks and will start 24th on Saturday.It was not as good as weve been in the last couple of plate races, but, hey, well try to focus on the race, Elliott said. Im looking forward to the race and just trying to get going and hopefully not make the same mistake I made here in February.---SMITHS PROBLEM: Regan Smith had a problem on his qualifying attempt and wasnt able to complete a timed lap. Hell start 40th.I crossed the start/finish line taking the green flag, and something happened that changed the pitch and it seemed like I lost a little bit of power, he said. Just to be safe, killed the motor and got it back (to the garage) to see what is wrong with it. If there is a silver lining with this whole thing, at Daytona you can start toward the back and still make time and be OK.New England Patriots Jerseys . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Drew Bledsoe Youth Jersey . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-John-Hannah-Patriots-Jersey/ . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. Tedy Bruschi Patriots Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Steve Grogan Patriots Jersey . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999.NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Slow starts doomed Bucknell to two double-digit losses earlier in the season.The Bison started slow again Monday night against Vanderbilt, but this recovered for an upset win.Zach Thomas scored 17 points and Stephen Brown and Nana Foulland both added 15 to lead Bucknell in a 75-72 upset of Vanderbilt in the campus portion of the Las Vegas Invitational.Bucknells last win over a Southeastern Conference team was a 59-55 victory over Arkansas in the 2006 NCAA Tournament.We played at Wake Forest and we got blown out there, and then we played at Butler and we got blown out, Thomas said. We got off to a bad start here, but we battled back and showed our toughness tonight and that was a big win for us.Things looked bad for the Bison (3-2) when the Commodores (2-2) hit eight of their first nine shots from the floor, including their first five, to take an early nine-point lead.But a 16-4 run reversed the momentum and Bucknell led 40-38 at halftime.Vanderbilts Matthew Fisher-Davis scored 23 points, including a 3-pointer that tied the game at 65-all with 3:38 left.He had a chance to send the game into overtime, but made only 2 of 3 foul shots with 5.2 seconds left, narrowing Bucknells lead to 73-72.I was just praying hed miss one and he did, and that helped us out, Thomas said.Fisher-Davis finished 4 of 7 from 3-point range.Kimball Mackenzie added two foul shots for Bucknell with 4.1 seconds left. Foulland grabbed 12 rebounds.Hopefully, it will show our guys what theyre capable of, understanding that were not nearly where we need to be to get to where we want to go, but its all there in front of us, Bison coach Nathan Davis said.Luke Kornet scored 19 points and Riley LaChance had 10 points and six assists for Vanderbilt.The lead changed hands seven times early in the second half before an 8-0 spurt by Bucknell gave the Bisoon a 63-56 lead with 10:48 left and Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew called a time out.ddddddddddddCredit Bucknell, Drew said. They made shots tonight, they played with a lot of passion coming off a game they didnt play as well. They definitely showed a lot of urgency, a lot of energy tonight.With the win, the Bison improved to 4-9 against SEC teams.They had some spurts where we had a lot of trouble scoring the ball, Kornet said. They were disciplined offensively and defensively. They just did a good job of working to get good shots and then they hit them when they got them.BIG PICTUREBucknell: The Bison suffered two double-digit losses earlier in the season, but showed their resiliency against Vanderbilt.Vanderbilt: The Commodores almost sent the game into overtime, but Fisher-Davis couldnt get a crucial foul shot to drop late despite playing an impressive game overall.BENCH SUPPORTA lot of Bucknell bench players contributed to the win. Avi Toomer, the freshman, came in and gave us an edge when we werent getting stops and we needed it, Davis said. I thought Nate Sestina did the same thing. D.J. MacLeay and Mackenzie also played strong defensively.CONFIDENCE BUILDERGetting a win at Vanderbilt, where the Commodores play so well, will probably help Bucknell. Last year we played a lot of teams really close and didnt get over the hump, Davis said. Hopefully, today they got over the hump and they understand how hard it is and how much effort youve got to give.UP NEXTBucknell plays Norfolk State at the Las Vegas Invitational on Thursday before meeting Sacred Heart or Northern Colorado the next day.Vanderbilt faces Butler at the Las Vegas Invitational on Thursday before playing No. stp://www.cheapjerseysbasketball.com/]Wholesale Basketball Jerseys[/url] Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz