Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

02.07.2019 14:57
d the game is "cleaner now than it was yesterd Antworten

AUSTIN, Texas -- With reports swirling that Texas power brokers may be moving to oust him after this season, Longhorns coach Charlie Strong says hes heard the rumblings and is engaged -- as always -- with the principal boosters.I know the guys to keep in touch with, and I do, Strong told ESPN.com on Monday. Theyve been great and always want to know if theres anything they can do to help. Now, I dont go to dinner with those guys, so Im not going to be seen in public with them. Im not a member of their country club and I dont play golf, so I dont go play golf with them. But I pick up the phone and call them, keep in touch.Strong, in his third season at Texas, is 13-17 in his first 30 games. The Longhorns are 2-3 after their third straight loss Saturday, a 45-40 defeat to the rival Oklahoma Sooners.All the while, just down the road, Houstons Tom Herman is the name many are floating as a potential replacement for Strong.They want the same thing I do, to see this program continue to make strides, Strong said of the Texas boosters. We need to finish strong, where were on an upswing. We dont want to be going backward, and were not.Strong said he feels the fans frustrations, but he remains confident that hell return the program back to national relevance.I thought it would be faster. I thought I would turn it faster, and boom, then wed take off, Strong said. But what happened is once you get into it, you start realizing you dont have a quarterback, you dont have this, you dont have that. So it comes back to you have to go recruit.As badly as were getting beat up out there by some people, and despite some of the things that are being said, were still getting great players. We just have to learn to win some of these close games were losing and be more consistent. Its coming, and everybody in our locker room will tell you the same thing.Strong said hes received nothing but support from his bosses at the university as well as those key power brokers. Both Texas president Greg Fenves and athletic director Mike Perrin came out in support of Strong last week.What I look at is that we have a team thats making strides and not going backward, Strong said. Now, we havent won like we want to, but I look at where were heading and know well get there because I believe in the kids so much that I know its going to happen.The Longhorns have fixed their offensive problems from the first two seasons and are averaging 41 points per game, but theyve also given up 45 or more points in all three of their losses this season. Strong took over the defensive playcalling duties last week against Oklahoma, but the Longhorns still gave up 675 yards and 45 points.The problem on defense is the deep ball, and we can get that fixed, Strong said. If we have to, we wont go with any more bump-and-runs, back our corners off and make people throw the ball in front of us. Right now, whats killing us are the chunk plays. Its killing us because teams arent driving the ball. Its a home run.Strong was asked Saturday after the Oklahoma loss if it was desperation time for the program. He told ESPN.com Monday the only way he would feel desperate is if the Longhorns lacked talent and werent recruiting well. He likened Texas situation now with where Butch Jones and the No. 9 Tennessee Volunteers were last season.Were in pretty much the same position -- hes a year ahead of me, Strong said. And look at where they are right now.Fake Shoes . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Fake Shoes For Sale . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.fakeshoesforsale.com/ . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Fake Shoes Website . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Fake Shoes From China .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me.Jim Leyland was just a minute into his pregame interview when the first -- and only -- question about Jhonny Peralta was asked. That was it. Detroits crusty manager booted all the reporters out of his office, saying theyd been told he wouldnt talk about losing his All-Star shortstop to a 50-game suspension Monday. But while Leyland was determined to keep his thoughts to himself, other major leaguers had plenty to say after 13 penalties in the Biogenesis drug scandal were finally handed down. "Although today will be a day of infamy for MLB, it is a tremendous step in the right direction," Tampa Bay third baseman Evan Longoria posted on Twitter. Alex Rodriguez received the stiffest discipline when he was banned through the 2014 season by Major League Baseball. But the three-time MVP said hell appeal, with support from the players union. That keeps him eligible to play until a ruling by the arbitrator, which isnt expected until at least November or December. "This is a saga, and thats the way its always been with him," Los Angeles Angels pitcher C.J. Wilson said. "He just has one of those polarizing personalities that people are going to be drawn to. I guess people are going to find him as a villain and stuff like that no matter what he does. "This latest chapter just gives further fuel to the fire that hes made bad decisions," the left-hander added. "Its good for the game that theyre finally getting him for something. This whole thing has been going on for too long -- press conferences, Good Morning America, 20/20 or whatever. I mean, come on. Enough of that. Lets just play some baseball and stop trying to be a role model. All those quotes (from Rodriguez), theyre hilarious for everybody in our clubhouse." Peralta was one of three 2013 All-Stars who accepted 50-game suspensions and admitted using prohibited substances. The others were Texas right fielder Nelson Cruz, also on a pennant contender, and San Diego shortstop Everth Cabrera. "If all the allegations are true, then Im glad they got caught and Im glad baseball is doing something about it," Royals reliever Aaron Crow said. "It shocks me that people try to get away with it. I guess some people think the risk is worth it. Its just unfortunate that its still going on. Hopefully this helps." Rodriguez, Cruz, Peralta and Cabrera had all been linked for months in media reports to Biogenesis of America, a Florida anti-aging clinic accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs. But there were a couple of surprises, too, including Philadelphia pitcher Antonio Bastardo and New York Mets second baseman Jordany Valdespin, who was demoted to the minors last month. Washington reliever Tyler Clippard recalled a blown save in July 2012 when he gave up a tying homer to Valdespin in the ninth inning. "Thats the kind of stuff you think about. Youre like, those guys are doing stuff thats affecting my career and theyre not playing the game the right way," Clippard said. "So thats frustrating. I think anybody can relate to that. If theeyre not doing things the right way, and theyre beating you, then it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.dddddddddddd. So thats why this is so important. Because nobody -- players, ownership -- nobody wants to see guys cheat." Several fed-up players were openly critical of Ryan Braun last month when the 2011 NL MVP agreed to a 65-game suspension, the first significant fallout from the Biogenesis case. His penalty came a year after the Milwaukee Brewers slugger avoided a 50-game ban when an arbitrator overturned his positive test for elevated testosterone because the urine sample had been improperly handled. Braun had insisted he was innocent. Other players felt betrayed. "We want these guys out of the game. We want all those drugs out of the game. I think theres more guys who have done it the right way than not, so I think thats why its turning that way," Atlanta third baseman Chris Johnson said. "We all knew this day was coming. But I think were glad that its happened." Players were sometimes surprised to see friends involved. Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton was Cruzs teammate in Texas and said he enjoyed playing with him. "Some guys keep certain parts of their lives to themselves. So you take them from what you see," said Hamilton, suspended earlier in his career for recreational drug use. "Weve all made mistakes. Some mistakes are different than others, and some are the same. Its just one of those things where he made a poor decision and now hes having to deal with the consequences." Opinions around the majors were mixed. Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire said even though none of his players were implicated, "its a sad day for baseball" and "we are all affected by it." Twins closer Glen Perkins said the game is "cleaner now than it was yesterday." "Its a bad and a good day," said Cleveland designated hitter Jason Giambi, who testified two years ago that Barry Bonds personal trainer supplied him with performance-enhancing drugs. "Youre dealing with human beings and theyre going to make mistakes, but the game is going in the right direction." And one thing was certain: Mondays suspensions wont soon be forgotten. "Its a big day and its one of the days to be marked in baseball history -- a monumental day," St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "I think overall the guys are happy to see it kind of come to a head, be talked about today and get it over with, and just keep playing." With all that transpired recently, Indians manager Terry Francona said he felt for Commissioner Bud Selig and even called him Monday. Around 10 minutes later, Selig called back. "We spoke for about five or 10 minutes and he was like, this doesnt need to be a dark day for baseball. This needs to be the beginning of the good stuff. He didnt say it like that, but I dont articulate as well as him," Francona said. "But I agree with him. Major League Baseball did something really difficult today, but sometimes the right thing is the difficult thing."Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz