Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

11.03.2019 13:20
having Diamont and Natee swap spots in the backfield to tak Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger plans to play in Fridays preseason game against the New Orleans Saints.The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, entering his 13th season in the NFL, doesnt remember missing a third preseason game during his professional career.Id like to be out there. Its a different speed, Roethlisberger said. I know my line doesnt want to hear it, but I wouldnt mind getting hit once. Maybe after the ball is gone, just a little tap from a defensive guy.The Steelers have sidelined the offensive trio of Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell for the first two preseason games. Bells status is uncertain because of his recovery from knee surgery in November, but Browns chances to play are greater.Roethlisberger will look to find an in-game rhythm with younger playmakers such as Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates, Eli Rogers and Jesse James.Bell will miss the first three games of the season because of an NFL suspension for missed drug tests. DeAngelo Williams, who scored 11 touchdowns last year, will start in Bells place.Roethlisberger said hes disappointed one of the best players in the game wont be out there Week 1, but the quarterback played just 58 snaps with Bell last year because of a separate suspension and the knee injury suffered Nov. 1 against Cincinnati.Most players from the core unit that will take the field Friday in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome are used to each other.Good news is weve done it before, right? Roethlisberger said. We know what we get from [Williams]. Happy hes here. Excited weve got a player like him to be out there the first couple of games.Jets Jerseys China . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Authentic Sam Darnold Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.cheapnewyorkjetsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-trenton-cannon-jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Wholesale Jets Jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Authentic Parry Nickerson Jersey . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast.BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson threw a big change-up at Maryland on Saturday.The Terrapins swung and missed all day.As Indianas Richard Lagow ran the regular offense, Wilson also used backup Zander Diamont, a stronger runner than thrower, and 270-pound freshman running back Tyler Natee, a high school quarterback. The continual changes and small switches, like having Diamont and Natee swap spots in the backfield to take snaps, completely confused the defense and allowed the Hoosiers struggling offense to finally get in sync.I dont think they were totally ready for a 280-pound back there, All-American guard Dan Feeney said following the 42-36 victory. But I think we handled it well and I think we had a nice little scheme.Indeed, the rotating quarterbacks proved the perfect remedy for Indiana (4-4, 2-3) .Lagow is a pure pocket passer, but Diamont, who started games at quarterback each of the past two seasons because of injuries, kept the Terrapins defense honest. Indiana had some success with the switching two weeks ago against Nebraska though the Hoosiers still lost.This week, Wilson added Natee as part of the package and the back nicknamed Big Bacon rolled right through smaller defenders, even avoiding a sack as he pushed one Terrapin on his only drop back of the game.For Maryland (5-3, 2/3 ), it was about more than just moving parts.It took the Terrapins several series to adapt and even then, they struggled. Late in the game, after they did seem to get a handle on Natee & Co., the Hoosiers wore down Maryland with their hheavy package and Diamont scored the sealing touchdown on a 52-yard run.ddddddddddddAfterward, coach DJ Durkin acknowledged the game plan caught Maryland off-guard.That was new, so early on it was (a problem), he said. But I thought we adjusted the call well enough to how we wanted to play it.The problem was Maryland never really got a true handle on the Hoosiers ground game.And the result was predictable, too. Devine Redding, Natee and Diamont all finished with 100-yard games, five players rushed for touchdowns and the Hoosiers churned out 414 yards rushing -- 41 short of the Hoosiers stadium record set in 2014 against Indiana State.Natee is hoping it was the kind of day that will spur even bigger and better things over the final four games as Indiana continues to make a postseason push.Feels pretty good to finally get me started, now I expect myself to do it every game and do it better, Natee said, laughing. I had to read one guy the whole game and he did the same thing and it worked.Will the Hoosiers try this tactic again?Perhaps. Even if they dont, however, Wilson knows it will force opponents to spend time preparing for one more creative element in Indianas already unpredictable offense.That can get schemed up, Wilson said. Were just trying to find some running game. We gave them (the offense) some stuff today, they executed it and we did it.---The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz