Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Hausaufgaben
mary123 Offline

28.06.2019 09:46
, fourth-quarter drive with Trevor Siem Antworten

Eoin Morgan wants his England one-day team to keep pushing themselves to new heights and believes there is a confidence in the squad that anything is possible.Englands focus now returns to white-ball cricket with Morgan back in charge for the five ODIs against Pakistan followed by a one-off T20 which finishes the international season.The importance given to 50-over cricket is reinforced by there being no rotation in the one-day squad for this series as eyes remain firmly fixed on the Champions Trophy next June.Since the beginning of the last home season, Englands reinvigorated one-day side has ticked up an impressive list of batting feats: a first total over 400, another total of 399, chasing down 350 with six overs to spare, a ten-wicket win chasing 255 and, individually, a record 46-ball century from Jos Buttler plus Jason Roys 162.Since May 1, 2015 they have scored their runs faster than any other team and hit more sixes.The key phrase is pushing the side. Over the last 12-18 months weve seen the progression of everyone and the skill levels, Morgan told ESPNcricinfo at a NatWest Cricket grassroots event. Theres a huge amount of belief. Its almost as though there are no restrictions to anything we can do.However, Morgan wants more consistency from the side - series win against New Zealand, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have been tempered by losses to Australia and South Africa since the last World Cup - and a climb from their current position of No. 5 in the rankings. Within the next year, the period which includes the Champions Trophy, he wants England within the top three.Realistically, if we want to be favourites going into the Champions Trophy or the World Cup then we need to work our way up the rankings which means showing more consistency in all three facets. We want to be in the top three three years before the World Cup. You still need to deliver in the tournament itself, but getting the results to move up the rankings builds confidence.Morgan believes that one of Englands most significant results of late has been the tie they earned in the opening ODI against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge when Liam Plunkett launched the final ball for six following a stand of 138 between Buttler and Chris Woakes to revive the chase.We were down and out, Morgan said. Its about building the belief that no matter how far behind the game you are there is an escape route.Morgan said he sees 17 or 18 players that the Champions Trophy squad will come from next year in England. But he added that the squads for the tours to Bangladesh (security permitting) and India will be selected with those specific conditions in mind. He indicated four spinners could be the picked for those trips, something England have edged towards with Liam Dawsons call-up against Pakistan.Morgan explained that, in a perfect world, he would be able to call on a left-arm quick who can bowl 90mph - that is now available in T20 with Tymal Mills, but he is not an option for 50-over cricket. However, Morgan has been delighted by the battering-ram role played by Plunkett and is excited to have Mark Woods pace back.We probably have three guys who can do it [bowl at 90mph] at the moment and you want to have one in the side that can hurry up the batsmen when the ball is offering nothing else. Thats important in the 50-over game where it can stand still for periods.From a personal point of view, this series will be Morgans return to action having been out for almost a month with a chipped bone in his finger. He led from the front in 2015 home season with prolific series against New Zealand and Australia, but has been the most underwhelming of a dazzling top order since.He hasnt hit an international half-century in 23 innings but made an unbeaten 47 off 39 balls in the T20 against Sri Lanka, and was frustrated that the injury struck when he was finding form having made a century for Middlesex in late July.The finger doesnt look great but its functioning better than it looks, he said. I had my first hit two days ago and didnt walk out of the net thinking Im that far behind. That was quite nice because I actually broke it when I was finding a bit of form which was a bit of a pain. Ive had breaks away before, then come into series without having scored many runs, so am very relaxed and feel quite refreshedEoin Morgan was speaking at the NatWest U13 Club Championships Final. NatWest are proud partners of grassroots cricket. To find out more visit natwest.com/cricket Ito Smith Jersey . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Adrian Clayborn Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-desmond-trufant-jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Eric Saubert Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Michael Bennett Jersey . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict is the perfect villain. Thats what I hear, and when I turn on the tape, I can understand why. Just look at how he knocked out?Antonio Brown in the AFC wild-card game last season.You cant have that hit. Shoulder pad to the helmet at the worst possible time. The resulting penalty cost the Bengals a playoff win and contributed to Burfict landing a three-game suspension to start this season for repeated violations of player safety rules.No one knows Burficts intent on that particular hit. He plays fast. He plays hard. Guys can cross the line at times. Thats how a lot of defensive players are wired. That doesnt mean they are malicious in how they play the game. Maybe he could have pulled up. Heck, maybe he could have avoided the hit all together, I guess.But as Burfict returns to the field on Thursday night, this also needs to be said: Id love to play with this dude because he can change the flow of the game.?And I can tell you that a lot of other guys would too.This is hard to understand, so let me explain:As a defender, if you can physically intimidate the opponent, that will make every offensive player sit up a little straighter in the film room when youre next on the schedule. And it alters how opposing offenses practice and play -- because they know youre going to hit.Burfict gives that to his team. Hes going to shorten some arms of wide receivers who want to work the middle of the field. Everyone on the?Miami Dolphins offense will be aware of where Burfict is at all times during Thursdays contest in Cincinnati.As a defensive back, you love that. It means some basket picks: balls that flutter into the air and land in your lap; free gifts because of that linebacker patrolling the middle of the field and delivering blows. Boom. And no one on offense wants to gett close to a guy like that.ddddddddddddThats when wide receivers start telling the quarterback to avoid those inside routes.Look back to the Bengals loss on Sunday to the Denver Broncos. Would Gary Kubiaks team have been able to put together that go-ahead, fourth-quarter drive with Trevor Siemian throwing slants, inside hitch routes and wide receiver screens if Burfict was running to the ball and driving through ball carriers? Thats just something to think about here when we talk about the impact a physical player like Burfict can have.What Burfict needs to understand is that the game has changed. And every player has to adapt to the new rules. Look at Luke Kuechlys hit on Demaryius Thomas over the middle in Super Bowl 50. Thats a clean strike -- and I can promise you it stuck in the back of Thomas mind all night.The lesson? Theres no substitute for physicality and intimidation -- but that physicality and intimidation need not draw 15-yard penalties and three-game suspensions.Its a fine line, a tightrope defenders have to walk in this league on a weekly basis. You gotta hit or you wont last very long; and in 2016, you gotta do it cleanly or you wont last

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz