Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

11.03.2019 13:18
by 0.43 seconds.Florence, whose first silver Antworten

OMAHA, Neb. -- Creightons up-tempo offense is hard enough to deal with for an opponent thats at full strength. One thats short-handed is going to be left gasping for air.The 10th-ranked Bluejays let Buffalo stick around into the middle of the second half and then pulled away against the worn-out Bulls for a 93-72 victory on Tuesday night.The reality of it is, our pace isnt going to have that much of an impact in the first half, but over the course of the game theyre going to get tired, Creighton coach Greg McDermott said. Were going to get easy ones in transition, theyre not quite as aggressive going to the glass because theyre tired, and theyre a little apprehensive to go to the offensive glass because they know whats coming when we get that rebound.Creighton (7-0) has outscored its last four opponents by 12, 15, 25 and 19 points in the second halves and are averaging 92 points a game.The Bulls (4-3) were winding up an 11-day road trip thats taken them 8,400 miles, with a week spent at the Great Alaska Shootout and the stop in Omaha before a return to western New York. They also were missing starters in point guard C.J. Massinburg (mononucleosis) and Quate McKinzie (concussion). Also, guard Dontay Caruthers was limited to 15 minutes because of foul trouble.Theyre deep and they play fast, and if youre not in shape or you dont have a deep team, youre in trouble with them, Bulls coach Nate Oats said.Marcus Foster scored 22 points and Justin Patton and Khyri Thomas had their first double-doubles. Patton had season highs of 21 points and 10 rebounds and Thomas had 18 points and 12 rebounds. Maurice Watson Jr. added 15 points and eight assists.Foster had nine points during the decisive 13-0 run that made it 67-51 after the Bulls had cut Creightons lead to 54-51.Thats part of my game, Foster said. Ill score a bunch of buckets real quick. Thats how Ive always been.The Bulls got no closer than 12 points the rest of the way.Blake Hamilton and Willie Conner scored 21 points apiece to lead the Bulls, and Raheem Johnson added 14.BIG PICTUREBuffalo: The Bulls made it a game until midway in the second half before losing a second game to a top-10 opponent. Xavier beat them by 33 two weeks ago.Creighton: The Bluejays elevated their game in the second half, getting a boost from Thomas, who had 14 of his 18 points and eight of his 12 rebounds in the final 20 minutes.POLL IMPLICATIONSCreighton has been one of the fastest movers in the Top 25 , going from No. 22 in the preseason to No. 10 this week. The Bluejays have never been higher than No. 9, but the way theyre playing, they could go higher than that soon.EMOTIONAL OATSOats became emotional at his postgame news conference when he brought up the support he received from McDermott after he found out in October 2015 that his wife, Crystal, had cancer. McDermotts wife, Theresa, also has battled the disease.He was unbelievable during the whole deal with my wife. Financially he helped out with some stuff, Oats said. For all you writers in Omaha, youve got a big-time coach. I called him when I found out because I knew his wife had gone through it. He talked to me the entire time Crystal was going through treatment. Hes been as good as anybody in the business on that deal.UP NEXTBuffalo visits St. Bonaventure on Saturday.Creighton hosts another MAC opponent, Akron, on Saturday.---More college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.orgAuthentic Tyler Conklin Jersey . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Authentic Devante Downs Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-mike-hughes-jersey . - Connor McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime as the Erie Otters came from behind to defeat the visiting Guelph Storm 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Authentic Ade Aruna Jersey . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. Authentic Brian ONeill Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts.David Florence bounced back from Tuesdays final flop to clinch his third Olympic silver medal and insisted the C2 success, alongside Richard Hounslow, was not tinged with disappointment at the gold that got away.Florence, who had finished last in the C1 final two days earlier, admitted a spell of relative solitude had shaped him for another shot at the title they had narrowly missed out on at London 2012, where they were pipped by compatriots Tim Baillie and Etienne Stott.This time it was the Slovakian Skantar cousins, Ladislav and Peter, who would deny them with a searing final run at the Whitewater Stadium in Deodoro, but only after Florence and Hounslow saw an advantage at the halfway stage of over one-and-a-half seconds washed away as they missed out on gold by 0.43 seconds.Florence, whose first silver medal was in the C1 in Beijing, insisted: Im not disappointed at all. It wasnt quite gold, but after the disappointment a couple of days ago for me, we just wanted to put together a really solid run and perform to the best of our ability.In a sport like this, when you spend all your time preparing and the slightest of mistakes costs you a medal, Im really pleased with the way we held that run together.The Skantars went drastically faster than I think anyone thought possible on the basis of the first runs. That can be a little bit scary when you are sat at the start and youve sttill got five minutes to wait for your run.dddddddddddd.Florence credited Hounslow, who had almost quit the sport to become an officer at Sandhurst after missing out on selection for the 2008 Beijing Games, for helping him forget his C1 disappointment to have another shot at an elusive Olympic gold.Hounslow said: You dont have to do much -- David is a professional. Sometimes you have just got to let him go off and start stewing on his own emotions. You slowly start building back in.Yesterday he picked up throughout the day. I could see it wasnt going to take much for him to be really up for a good performance. Controlled anger is almost a good thing. You are out there working hard and pushing hard, and thats what David is so good at.He is focused, he is so powerful and strong. I can just make sure we are controlled at the back and keep us going in the right direction. Top to bottom it was a good run -- maybe not perfect but that is the name of the game.The pairs silver followed the stunning gold medal win for Joe Clarke in the mens K1 on the same course on Wednesday. But Fiona Pennie could not make it three when she incurred four seconds worth of time penalties and trailed in sixth place in the womens C1 final behind winner Maialen Chourraut of Spain. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz