Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

18.06.2019 13:34
two straight incompletions as tthe Raiders got press Antworten

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan is holding himself answerable for the Buffalo Bills slow start. At the same time, hes made a significant change to his coaching staff by firing offensive coordinator Greg Roman.Roman was let go Friday in a bid to kick start the Bills sputtering Tyrod Taylor-led attack.Im accountable for everything that goes on here, Ryan said. Offense, defense, special teams, anything, you name it. And Im accountable for making decisions like this. It falls on me. And I accept those responsibilities.The team announced the move in an email released a day after Buffalo fell to 0-2 following a 37-31 loss to the New York Jets.Running backs coach Anthony Lynn will take over as coordinator. Lynn also serves as an assistant head coach and has spent the past eight years working under Ryan.Ryan called Lynn an outstanding coach, who has turned down opportunities to be an offensive coordinator in the past. Lynn also interviewed for the Miami Dolphins head coaching vacancy during the offseason.He commands respect. Hes got the respect of the entire locker room, Ryan said. Hes a smart guy, X and Os guy. Hes a former world champion as a player. He comes from great stock.Roman was in his second season as coordinator, and was hired by Ryan when he took over the team in January 2015.I appreciate Greg Roman and the job he did for us. Always thought hes a tremendous coach and I still believe that, Ryan said. But this is a decision that I think, going forward, is going to help our team and thats why I did it.Ryan wouldnt say what specific changes he hopes to see from the offense. But he indicated getting the ball to the Bills top playmakers would be a priority.We have a lot of talent on offense, Ryan said. I believe we are going to do what we can to put the ball in our playmakers hands, and I think Anthony will do that.The Bills offense is off to a sputtering start. It managed just 160 yards -- Buffalos lowest total in a decade -- in a season-opening 13-7 loss at Baltimore on Sunday. Against the Jets, the Bills had 307 yards offense, with more than half that coming on two plays: Taylors 84-yard touchdown pass to Marquise Goodwin and a 74-yard TD pass to Greg Salas.Otherwise, Buffalo managed 16 first downs, had one drive reach the red zone, and converted 3 of 10 third-down chances.Though Buffalo scored 31 points, seven came as a result of safety Nickell Robey-Coleman returning Jalin Marshalls fumble 36 yards for a touchdown.The running attack has particularly struggled a year after leading the NFL with 2,432 yards. Buffalo has combined for just 151 yards rushing in two games.Thats not what was counted on from a unit that returned mostly intact and was expected to be more comfortable with Romans philosophies and playbook. Instead, Taylor has looked hesitant in the pocket and has had difficulty finding receivers over the middle.Taylor went 8-6 as a first-time starter last year. The Bills believe Taylor has the opportunity to be their long-time starter after signing him to a six-year extension last month. The Bills, however, can opt out of the contract in each of the next two years.Taylor, running back LeSean McCoy and wide receiver Sammy Watkins were not made available to the media after the team meetings Friday.Guard Richie Incognito said he felt terrible for Roman, but believes the offense will rally under Lynn.I believe in the guys in the system and I believe in the guys in this locker room, Incognito said. I believe coach Lynn is going to do a great job. Being around him for two years, hes got a tremendous work ethic, hes got a ton of knowledge of this offense and what we are trying to do. It all falls back to believing.Roman was highly regarded by the Bills when he was hired. He was among the candidates who interviewed for head coach before owners Terry and Kim Pegula hired Ryan.Roman was so eager to join Ryans staff he turned down opportunities with other teams and stayed near the Pegulas home in Florida following his interview. He previously worked with Ryan when the two were assistants in Baltimore. Before being hired by Buffalo, he spent four seasons as 49ers offensive coordinator.Romans dismissal is the latest in a series of shuffles Ryan has made to his staff.In January, he hired his twin brother Rob to be an assistant head coach with a specific responsibility for defense. In March, defensive line coach Karl Dunbar was fired and replaced by John Blake.---AP freelancer Jonah Bronstein contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFLCustom Ozzie Smith Jersey . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. Ozzie Smith Jersey Large .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. http://www.custompadresjersey.com/ . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Padres Jerseys China . 9. Price, heading to the 2014 Olympics for Canada, was named the First Star after posting wins in three starts with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .971 save percentage. Custom Padres Jerseys . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Cam Newtons return to the Bay Area finished in similar fashion to his last trip here for the Super Bowl: a lost fumble on a strip sack that ended any hopes for a Carolina comeback.While the stakes were far lower than in the Super Bowl defeat to Denver, the roller-coaster 35-32 loss to the Oakland Raiders on Sunday might have ended the Panthers hopes of making it back to the playoffs.Carolina (4-7) scored 25 straight points to take an eight-point lead early in the fourth quarter before allowing Derek Carr and the Raiders (9-2) to rally to take the lead. Then a key dropped pass by Greg Olsen and Khalil Macks sack of Newton sealed the latest disappointing loss for a Panthers team that found ways to win games such as this last season on the way to a 15-1 regular season.We are done comparing everything to last year, Olsen said. The reality is that we are 4-7. It is a tough loss. Obviously, there are a lot of things that we could have done better to give us a better chance.There was an interception by Newton late in the first half that Mack returned for a touchdown , a blocked extra point by Denico Autry in the third quarter, two missed 2-point conversion attempts, including a dropped pass by Olsen, and the decision to punt on fourth-and-1 late in the fourth quarter before Oakland drove for the go-ahead field goal by Sebastian Janikowski.But despite all that, the Panthers were in position to drive for the tying or go-ahead score. After holding the Raiders to a field goal, Carolina took over at its 25 with 1:45 to play.Newton completed two quick passes to get the ball to the Oakland 44 with 1:15 to play. Newton then threw two straight incompletions as tthe Raiders got pressure against a banged-up offensive line and the Panthers needed to call their final timeout before the third down play to get the right personnel in the game.ddddddddddddNewton then found Olsen deep over the middle, but Olsen was unable to come down with what would have been a tough catch. Olsen earlier dropped a pass on a 2-point conversion attempt that proved costly later.You have to catch the ball, he said. I have caught a lot of balls in this league and this team relies on me to make the plays and come to me when (the game) is on the line. You have got to make the play.Carolina still had one more shot, but Mack beat Trai Thomas on the fourth-down play to strip Newton and recover the fumble that sealed the win. Thomas, normally a guard, had to move to right tackle with Mike Remmers shifted over to the left side in place of injured Michael Oher.The Panthers were also on their third center with starter Ryan Kalil missing the game with a shoulder injury and backup Gino Gradkowski leaving with an injured knee.The Super Bowl also was decided on a strip sack when Von Miller brought down Newton and forced a fumble. That ended a charmed season in which Carolina went 8-1 in games decided by eight points or fewer. This season, they are 2-5 in those kinds of games and are in last place in the NFC South.Were just got to find ways, Newton said. For most of this year we have to come together and win these close games. Thats what it comes down to.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz