Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Reden
mary123 Offline

18.06.2019 09:57
couldve been a stop on downs for us if wed Antworten

NEW YORK -- The St. Louis Cardinals did not arrive at their hotel in New York until 8:30 a.m. Monday after a flight delay that followed a nationally televised night game.They got a chance to catch up on sleep when their series opener at the New York Mets was rained out and rescheduled as part of a doubleheader starting at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday.St. Louis 9-6 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sunday nights ESPN game lasted 3 hours, 49 minutes, and ended shortly before 11 p.m. CDT. The plane taking the Cardinals to New York did not land in St. Louis on time because of weather, causing the team to remain in its clubhouse for several hours.I didnt hear the guys barking and complaining, which could have been easy to do, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. So it was impressive. Just you do what you do and show up and get ready to do it again.When St. Louis first landed, Matheny thought briefly about heading straight to Citi Field.We had to come right by, he said.St. Louis Carlos Martinez (9-6) and New Yorks Noah Syndergaard (9-4) were pushed back a day and will start the opener. The Cardinals Jaime Garcia (7-6) and the Mets Bartolo Colon (8-5), who had been scheduled to pitch Tuesday, will start the second game.Before the rainout, the Cardinals selected the contract of right-hander Jerome Williams from Memphis, optioned rookie right-hander Mike Mayers to the Triple-A club and transferred right-hander Jordan Walden to the 60-day disabled list.Hopefully we dont need Jerome. Id love our starters to go out there and sail. But the likelihood of us needing some arms down there is pretty high, Matheny said.Mayers started Sunday and allowed nine runs and eight hits, throwing 62 pitches to get four outs. He became the first pitcher to allow nine or more runs with fewer than two innings pitched in his big league debut since at least 1913.Hes a tough kid, Matheny said. You could see as things were kind of unraveling, he just kept going, and he was making pitches in the zone for the most part. He just didnt have his best stuff to put guys away and make the kind of pitches that he wanted to, and I think he got away from his game plan a little bit, which is completely common for not just him but any pitcher that starts to see things snowball.Matheny spoke with Mayers after the outing.I reminded him, too, the fact that, dont forget you started in Double-A this year. Thats a big deal, to be able to come in on a team thats right in the middle of things, the manager said.St. Louis began the night second in the NL Central, 7 1/2 games behind the Cubs. Chicago acquired closer Aroldis Chapman from the New York Yankees on Monday.Were not too concerned with what we cant control, Matheny said. We cant control until we get to face him, so well deal with that then. Authentic Custom Indians Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. Custom Jim Thome Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. http://www.customindiansjersey.com/custom-bob-feller-jersey-large-163b.html .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Jim Thome Jersey Large . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Custom Ricky Vaughn Jersey . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hasnt hesitated to call for featured running back Jeremy McNichols to get the ball 40 times in a game.On Friday night, Harsin found hes got another talented running back in Alex Mattison. And hes only a freshman.McNichols ran for 158 yards and two touchdowns, Mattison had a career-high 100 yards rushing on 18 carries and one touchdown, and No. 24 Boise State beat San Jose State 45-31.The Broncos (8-1, 4-1; also No. 24 AP) had two players over 100 yards on the ground in one game for the first time since Nov. 8, 2014, against New Mexico.(Giving Mattison more carries) was predetermined on our part, Harsin said. We knew he was ready for his opportunity. But its not just about running the ball. Its also about being able to protect the quarterback in different looks.McNichols cant carry the ball like he has every single game. Were trying to spread the wealth a little big among those guys.San Jose State (3-7, 2-4), looking to get consecutive wins for the first time this season, finished with 495 yards of offense behind Kenny Potters 23-of-36 passing for 278 yards.After suffering a gut-wrenching loss last week to Wyoming on a safety in the waning minutes of the game, Boise State looked sluggish in the first quarter as it held a 7-6 lead.However, the Broncos got the spark they needed with a little razzle dazzle. On fourth-and-12 from their 37, Broncos punter Sean Wale took the snap and raced 29 yards for a first down.Finally after four years, I had a chance to do something so I had to make the most of it, Wale said. It was my one chance to shine, and I certainly wasnt sliding. But I didnt really know what to do once I got into the open field.Three plays later, Mattison scored on a 19-yard run to extend Boise States lead to 14-6.It couldve been a stop on downs for us if wed been able to make the play, Spartans coach Ron Caragher said. But we didnt and it changed the momentum of the game.I was very proud of this teams response after last weeks loss, Harsin said. We have to stay focused on what we can control and try to go out and play our best each and every week.Sann Jose State kept the pressure on Boise State, edging within 14-13 with 10 minutes remaining in the first half.dddddddddddd But that was as close as the Spartans would get as the Broncos took control of the game.Boise State learned a powerful lesson last week, and they got back to running the football and controlling the line of scrimmage behind their big offensive line, Caragher said.Boise State, which finished with 517 total yards of offense, had a season-high 298 yards rushing. McNichols performance was his seventh 100-plus yard game this season and fourth in a row.Malik Roberson led the Spartans on the ground with 109 yards and a touchdown, his second 100-yard game of the season.TAKEAWAYSSan Jose State: The loss squelched the Spartans chances of becoming bowl eligible, but they still have a chance to finish strong after a 1-5 start. Their final two opponents, Air Force and Fresno State, have combined for only two conference wins.Boise State: The Broncos no longer control their own fate in the Mountain division, but the victory keeps their hopes alive. They still need either Wyoming to lose two games or New Mexico to win out to win the division.UP NEXTSan Jose State: The Spartans take a week off before returning home to host Air Force on Nov. 19.Boise State: The Broncos will take travel to Hawaii next Saturday in a conference tilt.POLL IMPLICATIONSBoise State lost 11 spots in the poll last week after losing to Wyoming but shouldnt fall any farther this week. However, San Jose State isnt an opponent thats likely to greatly improve the Broncos standing among voters either.WALE OF A QUOTEWale was proudly showing off a big bruise on his right arm in the post-game press conference that he received when he was tackled on the fake punt play that resulted in a first down. However, he admitted he wouldnt want to get tackled every week like that. I respect those guys who get hit like that. I couldnt do it. I got a little bruise. Ill probably be at treatment tomorrow and get right. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz