Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

16.06.2019 12:46
Wings are at all fragile. The Hurricanes have a nin Antworten

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter admitted Monday that he was disappointed wide receiver Mike Evans chose to sit during the national anthem before Sundays game to protest Donald Trumps election as president of the United States.Yeah, Im disappointed for that, Koetter said. I also respect Mikes freedom of speech and freedom of expression.Koetter said he was adopting the same stance he took when asked in August how he would react if one of his players protested in similar fashion to Colin Kaepernick. He even read the same statement when he addressed the media Monday.Believe it or not, we have practiced how to line up for the national anthem. Weve worked on it. I dont know if our organization has the right to tell a guy that he needs to do that, Koetter said in his statement. I would be disappointed if any of our players didnt stand up for the national anthem, personally. I look at that as a salute to the people who have paved the way for us, but at the same time, this is a free country, and I think freedom of speech is something that we all believe in and freedom of expression. Thats an individuals choice. Thats a fine line there. I would personally be disappointed, but I think it would be hard to enforce that rule.He also said he supported the statement the Buccaneers put out Sunday night.The Buccaneers are deeply committed to the military and honoring the great men and women that have dedicated their lives and have made great sacrifices to insure all the tremendous freedoms we have in this great country, the statement said. We encourage all members of our organization to respectfully honor our flag during the playing of the national anthem. We also recognize every individuals constitutional right to freedom of speech, which is crucial to the American principles we cherish.Koetter was not aware that Evans was planning to protest before the game.I didnt know about this until after the game, Koetter said. It didnt come up in front of me in the locker room. By the time I was aware of this, most of the players were showered and mostly gone, and players are off today.He has not yet spoken to any of the players about it. After the game, Evans and Koetter exchanged text messages, and they plan to talk more Wednesday. He isnt sure if other players will join Evans protest in the future. Evans said he would continue to protest as long as Trump is the President-elect. Koetter said hell do his best to minimize any distractions caused by it.I hope it doesnt affect our team, Koetter said. Thats something Ill take whatever measures I think are necessary to try to minimize what effect it has on our team. Im really not sure. This is uncharted water for me. Im not sure about any of that.A number of fans have voiced their displeasure on social media and have even threatened to boycott the team, particularly because of the timing of the protest. The day featured a military flyover, a performance of the national anthem by the 82nd Airborne and a halftime enlistment ceremony featuring 180 recruits. Tampa is home to MacDill Airforce Base and more than 12,000 active-duty service members.Evans emphasized Sunday that his protest was not about the military but was purely about Trump.I dont want to disrespect the veterans or anything, Evans said. The men and women that served this country -- Im forever indebted to them. But the things that have been going on in America lately, Im not going to stand for that.Custom Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Custom Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. http://www.baseballjerseyscustom.com/custom-san-francisco-giants-jerseys-cheap-566c . JOHNS, N. Custom Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Custom Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win.RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Detroit Red Wings are counting on a bringing a dose of confidence on the road with them.If the result of one game is a sign of a turnaround, then theyll be glad to have new-found momentum as they meet the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday night.The Hurricanes are a hot team at home and they want to keep that in place especially as they showcase what appears to be a deeper and more versatile lineup.But its the Red Wings who have been out of sorts in recent weeks so theyre hoping that Saturday nights 6-4 home victory against Anaheim is something to feed off.It has been a tough stretch here, center Frans Nielsen said. It was good to see, good to get some confidence. We go on the road now, but its a different feeling in the room.Heading to Carolina could be a daunting assignment if the Red Wings are at all fragile. The Hurricanes have a nine-game home points streak (8-0-1) and have one more point overall than Detroit despite having played one less game.Part of the success for Carolina has come with improvement on offense even if at times the goal-scoring itself has been problematic.Were generating way more quality chances than we were earlier in the year, Hurricanes coach Bill Peters said. Were generating them, now we have to finish them.The outcome against Anaheim snapped the Red Wings four-game losing streak Saturday. The next three games are on the road for Detroit.Now youve got to build on it Monday, Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. You have to come out with the same compete level. For us to be a great hockey team, we have to have ultra, ultra, ultra compete.If the Red Wings have looked vulnerable during their Deceember struggles, its another reason teams will want to pounce on them.ddddddddddddIts a game of confidence, Nielsen said. Every team you play is trying to outwork you and you have to be ready every night.Blashill said the Red Wings made enough happen to land on the right side of some fortunate situations in their most-recent game.Part of that luck was shooting the puck, he said. When you shoot the puck, (you can) make something out of nothing.The Hurricanes havent been invincible, but theyve made headway with success on home ice during the past month.Peters said the ability to roll with four lines has been an asset, particularly with a busy stretch of the schedule. Monday nights game will be the third in four nights for Carolina.I think its beneficial when you can (use four lines), Peters said. Those guys are important guys. Now all of a sudden youre using those guys.The lineup for the Hurricanes is mostly in place after injuries interfered with some groupings. That means more options for Peters, but something that he said works out for the best.Everybodys roles have shifted and changed a little bit now that everybody is healthy, he said. ... How you adjust and accept those roles are important on a team. Its not an individual sport.The status of Detroit defenseman Mike Green seems uncertain considering he departed late in Saturday nights game with an undisclosed ailment.The Hurricanes made a roster move Sunday by recalling defenseman Klas Dahlbeck, who had been with Charlotte of the American Hockey League. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz