Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

15.06.2019 12:22
a hit. He owned me.Helen Maroulis ran into the ultimate hammer at Antworten

MIAMI -- Rich Hills lingering blister made Dave Roberts sick on Saturday night.Roberts made the tough decision to pull Hill after seven perfect innings in the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins.Hill (12-3) had thrown 89 pitches and struck out nine when Roberts replaced the 35-year-old left-hander with Joe Blanton at the start of the eighth.I feel sick to my stomach, said Roberts, trying to lead Los Angeles to the NL West title in his first year as Dodgers manager. Rich had an opportunity of a lifetime. You take the personal aside. As a manager you are taking a lot of information.We have been dealing with Richies blister and that caused him to miss a lot of time this season.Hill didnt pitch in the majors between May 29 and July 2 because of a strained left groin and between July 17 and Aug. 24 because of a blister on the middle finger of his pitching hand. He has pitched 19 scoreless innings since joining the Dodgers after an Aug. 1 trade with Oakland.Hill felt he could have continued pitching.Obviously, I didnt want to come out of the game, Hill said. But I think there is a bigger picture here and we all know what it is. Dave was in a very difficult position. You look at it and move on. Thats all you can do.Blanton struck out Christian Yelich and retired Marcell Ozuna a groundout before Jeff Francoeur singled to left. Grant Dayton gave up Dee Gordons two-out infield hit in the ninth that put two on and Kenley Jansen retired Martin Prado on a groundout to complete the two-hitter.In 11 years in the big leagues Ive never had a no-hitter against my team, Francoeur said. I was praying to God this wasnt the first time tonight. Luckily, we were able to come through with two hits.Hill has just three complete games in 91 big league starts over 12 seasons. On April 8, Roberts removed Ross Stripling with a no-hit bid after 7 1/3 innings and 100 pitches in a game the Dodgers lost to San Francisco 3-2 in 10 innings.To go 89 pitches, weighing the risks versus the opportunity and talking to the training staff and getting their advice and weighing it all up and what is right for Rich and the Dodgers, this is the decision I made, Roberts said.Los Angeles maintained its four-game lead in the division over second-place San Francisco, which won 11-3 at Arizona.There has never been a combined perfect game. In what is considered to be an unofficial perfect game, Babe Ruth of the Boston Red Sox walked the Washington Senators Ray Morgan leading off on June 23, 1917 and Ruth was ejected. Ernie Shore relieved, Morgan was caught stealing and Shore retired the remaining 26 batters.This is probably the worst Ive felt after a win, Roberts said.Dodgers left fielder Yasiel Puig, brought back from the minors on Sept. 2, made an outstanding diving catch for the final out of the seventh. Prado hit a drive to deep left-center and Puig sprinted and as he approached the warning track dived toward the wall to make the catch.Joc Pederson made a sliding and diving catch on a drive to center by Ozuna in the second.That was an incredible play and when you see a no-hitter or perfect game, you never know whats going to happen, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said.Pederson connected in the fifth and seventh innings, and Corey Seager and Justin Turner hit consecutive homers in the sixth, with Seager connecting for a two-run drive.Pedersons first homer of the night went into the upper deck in right field.Tom Koehler (9-11) allowed four runs and six hits in five plus innings and Brian Ellington gave up Ellingtons second homer, Pedersons 22nd this season. Koehler is 0-3 in his last five starts and has not won since Aug. 9.CLOSE CALLFor the second consecutive night, a foul ball hit the plate umpire. Tony Randazzo absorbed the shot after Josh Reddicks foul swing bounced off Miami catcher Jeff Mathis mitt and struck Randazzos mask in the second inning. Temporarily dazed, Randazzo stayed in the game. On Friday, Brian Knight was hit in the mask area with a foul ball and left the game in the fifth. Chris Guccione replaced Knight on Saturday.ETHIER RETURNDodgers outfielder Andre Ethier pinch-hit in the ninth and grounded out to first in his season debut. Ethier broke his leg during spring training.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: Pitchers Wei-Yin Chen and Bryan Morris are to throw simulated games Sunday in attempts to determine if they will return during the final three weeks of the season. Chen has been sidelined since July 24 because of left elbow inflammation. Morris has missed the last three months because of a herniated lumbar disk in his back.UP NEXTRHP Kenta Maeda (14-8) starts Sundays series finale for the Dodgers and RHP Jose Urena (3-6) for the Marlins.---This version corrects to unofficial perfect game on June 23, 1917.Authentic Custom Capitals Jersey . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. Custom Capitals Jersey China . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.customcapitalsjersey.com/custom-rod-langway-jersey-large-79l.html .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Cheap Custom Capitals Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Custom Capitals Jerseys .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury.How can words do justice to the most incredible sports upset of the year? But more on Helen Maroulis Olympic wrestling triumph in a minute.When I was in ninth grade, I made my way through a wrestling bracket of very good wrestlers only to run into a kid I knew I couldnt beat. In Pennsylvania, we called those kids hammers, and Pennsylvania produces more hammers than anywhere in the nation. Hammers walked onto mats aware of the outcome before the anklets even went on. They WANTED cauliflower ears.This kid was a hammer.When we got to the center of the mat, he gave my hand a death-lock and the match was over before it even began. As he wiped the mat with me, my spirit was broken. He smashed my face and cranked my neck in ways I didnt think were possible. At one point, he clamped me in a cradle and chipped my front tooth... with my own knee.I lost 17-2 that day, but the score didnt matter. When someone grabs ahold of you and dominates the way he did, a little piece of your soul takes a hit. He owned me.Helen Maroulis ran into the ultimate hammer at the Rio Olympics. Saori Yoshida had won 13 straight world championships and three consecutive Olympic gold medals. She basically had been untouched since before the flip-phone era. Yoshida was probably the greatest, most dominant Olympic wrestler ever at that point. Think about how many wrestlers lost to Yoshida at weigh-ins, or the first time she grabbed ahold of them.Whats amazing is that Maroulis walked onto the mat that day and she hadnt accepted the outcome. She withstood the first time Yoshida squeezed her head and her wrists, a moment that had crumpled hundreds of opponents over the years. Maroulis fell behind in the match, 1-0, but then roared back to win, 4-1. As the clock wound down, it looked to me like Yoshida finally had that feeling of knowing the inevitable had arrived -- shed run into someone who would not bend. When the match endedd, both wrestlers stayed on their knees, heads buried on the mat, one in agony, one in joy.ddddddddddddThe ref eventually came over and patted Yoshida on the back. It was time to shake hands and anoint Maroulis as the new world champion.And just in case youre wondering, I ran into that same hammer two years later in a crucial dual meet for my high school team. He took me down twice in the first period and was rag-dolling me for the first two minutes of the match. But when the second period began, I lined up on bottom and he gripped my elbow and my waist, and I felt his chest heave in and out. He was running low on gas, and I wasnt.When the whistle blew, I worked to escape and then felt an opportunity to flip him. I rolled him over and he went to his side. I pushed hard and he slowly eased onto his back, before I felt him mentally pack it in. He felt like I had two years earlier, and like Yoshida must have as the clock wound down at the Olympics. The ref slapped the mat -- Id pinned him.My high school pin was, obviously, exactly like Maroulis Olympic title. Except, you know, not in the Olympics, or on TV, in front of a crowd chanting my name. Shed done something that hundreds of wrestlers couldnt have even imagined, let alone pull off.In that moment, she wasnt just a hammer -- she was The Hammer.More on Helen Maroulis? What it feels like to win a gold medal -- finally?Video ?? Life after making wrestling history?Story ?? The day Helen Maroulis beat an invincible legend?Story ?? Top 10 girl power moments from Rio?Story ?? Five women fighters we want to see in the UFC?Story ?The IMPACT25 is espnWs annual list of the 25 athletes and influencers who have made the greatest difference for women in sports. Explore the 2016 list and more content at espnW.com/IMPACT25. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz