Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

15.06.2019 12:21
manager, to pinch hit for a star, especially one of th Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Stewart-Haas Racing will field an Xfinity Series team next season when it moves to Ford.No driver or sponsor was announced Monday for the team, which will be full-time in 2017. SHR fields four full-time Sprint Cup Series teams.SHR won Cup titles in 2011 with team co-owner Tony Stewart and in 2014 with Kevin Harvick. Stewart is retiring at the end of the season and will be replaced by Clint Bowyer.The team has always fielded Chevrolets, but announced at the start of this year it will move to Ford next year. The change means Harvick and development driver Cole Custer are in need of teams to align with for lower-tier NASCAR races. Harvick is a frequent competitor in the Xfinity Series, while Custer races in the Truck Series.Custom Diamondbacks T-shirts . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. Custom Diamondbacks Jerseys . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. http://www.customdiamondbacksjersey.com/custom-curt-schilling-jersey-large-116d.html . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Cheap Custom Diamondbacks Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Custom Diamondbacks Jersey China . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race.NEW YORK -- This was exactly the kind of situation the New York Mets got Jay Bruce for -- late innings, hoping for a home run. Except now, manager Terry Collins felt as if he had no choice but to pull the All-Star slugger for a pinch hitter.Yanked for a guy who hadnt gotten a hit in the majors since May and was batting .159, at that.Collins strategy worked -- Eric Campbell delivered an RBI single in a three-run eighth -- but the Mets rally fell short Tuesday night in a 5-4 loss to the Atlanta Braves.Very difficult. First time Ive ever been pinch hit for, the badly slumping Bruce said. I always think Im the best choice ... but hes the manager and I respect his decision.He didnt need to explain that to me, he said. I obviously get how the game is played and you know what his thought process was there. I dont deserve any explanation from the manager.The Mets lost to last-place Atlanta for the second straight day. The defeat dropped them into a tie with St. Louis and San Francisco for the two NL wild cards.Bruce still ranks among the NL leaders with 29 home runs and 91 RBI, but has struggled mightily since the Mets got him on Aug. 1 from the Reds for two young players.The market, as you know, this is not Cincinnati, Collins said.Out of the starting lineup for two days as a mental break, Bruce returned and went 0 for 3, leaving him hitless in 12 at-bats and in a 3-for-38 rut.Bruce is hitting only .176 with his new team. The deal certainly hasnt turned out like the big trade last summer that brought Yoenis Cespedes, boosting the Mets into the World Series.I definitely didnt draw it up like this. Coming over here, its been tough on me. But fortunately the team has been playing really well, weve been winning games, were in a good spot when it comes to the playoff race, Bruce said.Im worried about the team, Im worried about winning games. I have plenty of time to think about myself. Right now is not that time, he said.Mets nemesis Julio Teheran pitched seven more sparkling innings and left with a 5-1 lead.After Curtis Granderson hit an RBI double and T.J. Rivera had a sacrifice fly, it was 5-3 with two outs and a runner on second in the eighth. Thats when Collins pulled Bruce and sent up Campbell to face lefty Iaan Krol.ddddddddddddIts one of the worst things you can do as a manager, to pinch hit for a star, especially one of the elite power hitters in the game. But you know, my job is to try to win the game, Collins said. In my opinion, I know hes struggling, I know hes had struggles with lefties.I think hes extremely frustrated, he added. I know I talked to him about it. ... Hes always had the ability and now he has the chances to, hey, just go out and play. And as I told him, this is a different situation here.The Braves have the worst record in the NL, yet have a four-game winning streak. They beat the Mets for the second day in a row and have won five straight at Citi Field.Teheran (6-10) gave up five hits and left with a four-run lead. Dating to the final time he saw the Mets last season, hes 3-0 with a 0.73 ERA in five starts against them.Jim Johnson pitched the ninth for his 16th save in 19 chances. He struck out Cespedes with a runner on first to end it.Robert Gsellman (2-2) lost in his fifth major league start. The rookie took a 1-0 lead into the sixth before a misplayed flyball cost him.Atlanta loaded the bases with one out and Matt Kemp lofted a catchable fly to right-center. Granderson and Bruce both backed off at the last moment and the ball fell for a single, giving Kemp his 100th RBI.Jay, obviously, being the right fielder, is waiting for me to say something on that situation. I didnt and by the time I pulled up it was too late, Granderson said.NICE GAMEMets SS Asdrubal Cabrera reached base five times -- two singles, a double and two walks -- for the fourth time in his career. He last did it in 2011 with Cleveland.TRAINERS ROOMMets: LHP Steven Matz (shoulder tightness), sidelined since Aug. 14, possibly could start Friday night at home vs. the Phillies. ... INF Wilmer Flores (wrist) got another injection Monday. Collins hopes for a speedy return.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Ryan Weber (1-1, 5.46 ERA) is set to make his second start in the majors this year.Mets: RHP Bartolo Colon (14-7, 3.14) leads the team in wins. The 43-year-old is 5-1 with a 2.21 ERA in his last nine starts. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz