Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

15.06.2019 09:18
kick after Lamar Nagle was fouled in the Antworten

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Major League Baseball Executive Vice-President Joe Torre has given his instant replay proposal to the executive committee to consider as baseballs brass huddled for two days of meetings. Commissioner Bud Selig was to address the media on Thursday morning to discuss what is on the table. "I thought it was very thoughtful and well-done," Selig said Wednesday evening. "Well discuss it in more detail tomorrow. We havent even discussed it." MLB is looking at a vast expansion of video review for the 2014 season and is examining whether all calls other than balls and strikes should be subject to instant replay. Torre said at the All-Star Game in New York last monthn that he was fairly confident a new system would be in place for next season. Video review has been in place for umpires on home run calls since August 2008. "You know me, Im always encouraged," Torre said Wednesday. Selig initially wanted to add trap plays and fair-or-foul calls down the lines for 2013, then decided to proceed cautiously, and the change was put off while more radical options were studied. Torre has said all options were being considered, including an NFL-type system that would give managers the ability to challenge calls. The replay subcommittee also includes former St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa and Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz. Umpires have come under increased scrutiny following several missed calls this season. After initially failing to award Oaklands Adam Rosales a tying home run in the ninth inning at Cleveland on May 8, Angel Hernandezs umpiring crew reviewed video and still didnt change it to a homer even though replays clearly showed the ball went over the fence. The next day umpire Fieldin Culbreths crew allowed Houston manager Bo Porter to improperly switch relievers in the middle of an inning, leading to a two-game suspension for the crew chief. An admitted blown call cost the Red Sox the potential tying run in a loss last month at Fenway Park. Boston manager John Farrell told reporters afterward that with better technology baseball could get more "out or safe" calls correct. Trailing by a run in the eighth inning of a 2-1 loss to Tampa Bay, pinch-runner Daniel Nava was called out by home plate umpire Jerry Meals attempting to score on a fly ball. After watching the replay, Meals later admitted to a pool reporter that he was "wrong on my decision." Replays of the game at Fenway showed that Nava slid into the top portion of the plate before Rays catcher Jose Molina came across to make the tag. Farrell and Nava argued, and Farrell was ejected. Shortly after the game ended, Meals said: "What I saw was Molina blocked the plate and Navas foot lifted. But in the replays, you could clearly see Navas foot got under for a split second and then lifted, so I was wrong on my decision. From the angle I had, I did not see his foot get under Molinas shin guard." Farrell said he just wants to see the calls made correctly and understands that the lengthening of games is something that MLB wants to avoid. Custom Orioles Jerseys . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Brooks Robinson Jersey Large . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. http://www.customoriolesjersey.com/ . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Jim Palmer Jersey Large . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. Custom Orioles T-shirts .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. SEATTLE -- Eddie Johnson didnt hesitate after scoring his fifth goal of the season. He looked up at the suite where Clint Dempsey was sitting and gave a salute that has become part of the celebration for the two when scoring goals for the U.S. national team. Soon enough, theyll be doing it for the same club as well. "Of course. Thats my guy," Johnson said. "Come on man. You all know that." On the night Seattle unveiled Dempsey as its newest designated player, Johnson and Obafemi Martins scored first-half goals and the Sounders beat FC Dallas 3-0 on Saturday. After two days of speculation, Dempsey was unveiled as the newest Sounders star during a pregame ceremony. Then his new club went out and ran its unbeaten streak at home to nine straight games, the longest in franchise history. "You always want to put in a good performance when you sign a big-name player," Seattles Brad Evans said. "You know everybodys putting in the work and no one wants their spot to be taken on the field. I think it was a reward for the fans. They came out early and wanted to see the big presentation and then we got on them early." Dempseys transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Seattle was made official when he unzipped his sweatshirt to reveal his new rave green jersey just before kickoff. That set off a celebration that continued with early goals from Martins and Johnson. Martins scored on a header in the eighth minute and Johnson scored in the 22nd minute off a perfect pass over the top of the defence from Evans. The capper came in stoppage time in the second half when Evans scored on a penalty kick after Lamar Nagle was fouled in the box. Now with the addition of Dempsey, Seattles offence should only become more potent. "Having good players is always a good problem to have," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "Adding a player like Clint is going to be very important to our team, and our team tonight went out and showed that we can play." Dempseys arrival was a bold move by Seattlee and a surprising decision by the U.dddddddddddd.S. national team star. Instead of getting ready for next years World Cup by playing for Tottenham in the Premier League, Dempsey chose a return to Major League Soccer thanks to the aggressive play by the Sounders. His new club gave Dempsey plenty to cheer about. With the stadium still bustling and Dempsey shaking hands with fans in the south end, Martins brought everyone to their feet again. Mauro Rosales sent in a free kick from about 35 yards and Martins was unmarked in the middle of the penalty area. With a quick flick of his head, Martins redirected the shot into the upper corner of the net and past Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez. The eighth-minute goal was the fastest this season for Seattle. And 14 minutes later, Seattle was ahead 2-0 after Johnsons run behind the defence and right-footed shot past Fernandez into the side of the net. Dallas remained winless in its past nine matches, having not won since beating San Jose on May 25. Dallas has scored just six goals during its skid and was shut out for the fifth straight match. Dallas last goal came against Philadelphia on June 29 in a 2-2 draw. The best scoring chance Dallas had was in the 69th minute when Mauro Diaz was open just inside the top of the penalty area, but pulled his shot wide of the net. "I just dont think were in good form. I dont think we created enough opportunities," Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said. "It seems like were very content with keeping the ball, but not really going anywhere with it." Seattle goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann had an easy night in his first MLS game in more than 14 years. Hahnemann made his first start in MLS play for the Sounders while Michael Gspurning continues to recover from a wrist injury. It was Hahnemanns first MLS game since June 26, 1999. "We got a clean sheet which was absolutely awesome and I got one more chance to play in front of this crowd," the 41-year-old Hahnemann said. "Its great. Ill take it." ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz