Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

13.06.2019 12:34
oad race champion Peter Sagan will try to win gold at Rio o Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- DAngelo Russell knows the stakes for Brandon Ingram, and Russell knows them better than anyone else.The No. 2 overall pick in the 2015 draft, Russell joined the Los Angeles Lakers amid a boatload of expectations, with the teams higher-ups saying he carried superstar potential and could pass the ball like Magic Johnson.Then Russell debuted in NBA summer league last summer, and the point guard and former Ohio State standout, beset by nerves and the weight of the moment, struggled quite a bit.So when Ingram, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 draft and a forward who the Lakers believe can help resurrect their fallen franchise, made his summer league debut Friday, Russell came up to the 6-foot-9 forward and told him to just relax.Thing is, Ingram didnt need too much guidance on staying calm. Even with the temperatures climbing to triple digits outside the Thomas & Mack Center, Ingram remained unusually cool for an 18-year-old on his first NBA stage.Coming into this game, I wasnt nervous at all, which was surprising, Ingram said after the Lakers 85-65 win over the New Orleans Pelicans.The former Duke freshman standout finished with a modest stat line of 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting, four rebounds, a pair of blocks and an assist, but what most impressed his Lakers teammates and coaches was how he didnt force the action whether he had the ball or didnt.I can really only remember maybe one forced shot, which is hard to do, especially in a summer league environment where you kind of get caught up in the moment and the pace of the game, said Lakers assistant Jesse Mermuys, who is coaching the teams summer league squad. I thought he really let the game come to him, and that was really a bright spot for us.Was there anything that surprised the staff?No, because obviously everyone is pretty excited about him, Mermuys said. I think from a coaching standpoint, you want to try to temper expectations, but at the same time you want to celebrate when he goes out there and does some good stuff.I think were just really excited about what we have to work with. And besides his playing -- obviously he had some big-time moments tonight -- but him just really as a coachable teammate and person. Hes just a pleasure to coach.Russell, who scored 20 points and added 11 rebounds and six assists, said of Ingram: It didnt even look like he was trying. I kept telling him, when he starts trying, its going to be scary. He played well.Ingram knocked down an early jumper, had a dunk late after pump-faking a defender near the perimeter and proved he could finish at the rim. There were enough flashes to give a crowd full of Lakers fans plenty to cheer about.But Ingram said his no-rush demeanor on the floor is a product of his coaching through the years dating back to youth sports and even at Duke.They always told me to let the game come to me, Ingram said, speaking of his past coaches. Thats what I did tonight. I didnt force anything.Ingram also credited his teammates, especially Russell.Hes been a leader through practice, and of course he was a leader today, just telling me to get to my spots and hell find me, Ingram said. Just playing with DAngelo, he makes the game a lot easier -- just getting to my spots. He has confidence in me, so I have confidence in myself to get to my midrange pull-up and get to the basket.Though Ingram is only a year removed from college and needs to add strength to his spindly frame, Russell is confident that the forward with a 7-3 wingspan and a 9-2 standing reach can acclimate quickly to the NBA.I feel like just with the proper guidance, hell grow every day, starting in practice, Russell said. It just looks easy for him. He has some God-given talent with his length and his athleticism. I dont feel like hell struggle. I feel like hell be good.The Lakers have practiced together only a few days, but Ingram was impressive enough in those sessions that teammate Larry Nance Jr.?declared that Ingram was the real deal. Nance stuck by his proclamation after Fridays game.Same thing -- kid can play, Nance said. He can do it in a lot of different ways, shooting and driving, and I think we saw a dunk. Hes just extremely versatile, and Im looking forward to playing with him.Now comes an even more tantalizing test for Ingram -- a matchup against No. 1 overall pick?Ben Simmons and the Philadelphia 76ers. Ingram and the Lakers will face Simmons during the final summer league game Saturday.Custom Mavericks Jersey China . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Jason Kidd Jersey Large . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. http://www.custommavericksjersey.com/ .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Custom Mavericks Jerseys .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Wholesale Custom Mavericks Shirts . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance.Jaroslav Kulhavy trained so hard for the Olympics that he didnt have time to finish work on a new house.It took a broken left hand to finally slow him down on the mountain bike, though its not the kind of break he needed as he works to get back atop the medal stand in Rio. There is little time to rest with some of cyclings best-known names looking to unseat the Czech champion.In March, Kulhavy had surgery on the hand he broke during a race in Cyprus. After a five-week recovery, he was back on the World Cup circuit in May.The main thing is that I didn(asterisk)t fall anywhere, because the terrain was very slippery, Kulhavy said on his website after finishing fifth at La Bresse. I have the points and my performance looks good. I was riding in a good feeling especially at the end.Some notes and other things to watch in mountain bike during the Rio Games:FAMILIAR FOESThere are two familiar names atop the world rankings: Nino Schurter of Switzerland and Julien Absalon of France. Schurter won silver in 2012 and bronze in 2008. Absalon, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, had his hopes dashed for another first-place finish in London by a flat tire.SAGAN WHAT?World road race champion Peter Sagan will try to win gold at Rio on a mountain bike. The Slovak Cycling Association said Sagan agreed to give up his road spot for the mountain biking berth. Sagan tested the difficult road course in Rio in January and decided it was too hilly for him to contend. Hes a former junior world champion in mountain biking.TOP WOMENAnnika Langvad of Denmark was the top-ranked female rider internationally going into the world championships in late June, with three World Cup series wins over the last year. Langvad was followed closely by Switzerlands Jolanda Neff, the World Cup winner in 2014 and 2015. Julie Bresset from Francee, who won gold in 2012, is an alternate this year.ddddddddddddEA IN THE LEADThe top U.S. contender is Lea Davison, ranked 15th in the world. She finished 11th in London and since the last Olympics, Davison had surgery to repair torn cartilage in her right hip in January 2014, about four years after needing a similar procedure on her left hip.She felt good this spring, though ran into some bad luck after gashing her elbow during a World Cup race in May, stunting momentum for a top finish. Davison finished the race still bleeding, in 18th place. Davison, who had five top-10 finishes in World Cup races in the last year, is heading to Rio on a high after finishing second at worlds in early July.The womens mountain bike World Cup circuit is ridiculously competitive and deep right now, Davison said.The other womens spot on Team USA went to Chloe Woodruff, ranked 28th in the world. She won nationals in 2015.This is a dream come true, Woodruff said on Facebook after learning on June 23 that she made her first Olympics.FORWARD LOOKINGThe lone mens spot on the U.S. team is going to 23-year-old Howard Grotts. He was chosen over Stephen Ettinger, who is four years older but higher ranked in the world. With the United States a longshot to medal, Rio will serve as a learning experience for Grotts.ON THE COURSEThe 3-plus mile-long, man-made Rio course has received good reviews from riders. Marc Gullickson, director of the USA Cycling Mountain Bike program, said the course was well-manicured, with challenging, though not extremely dangerous, features. The course, riders have said, makes for a television-friendly event. Heat could be an issue, though, with no trees to provide shade. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz