Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

13.06.2019 12:34
uard staged behind the pitchers mound, all the video boa Antworten

EAST HARTFORD, Conn. -- UConn kicker Bobby Puyol sought out Virginia kicker Alex Furbank after the Huskies 13-10 win over the Cavaliers on Saturday.Puyol had hit the game winner from 43-yards out with 1:33 left, then watched from the sideline as Furbank, a walk-on playing in his first football game at any level, missed a 20-yard field-goal attempt for Virginia as time expired.I just told him, `Man youre going to do a good job, youre going to get plenty more kicks, Puyol said. Sometimes you make them, sometimes you dont.It was the second game winner this season for Puyol, who had three extra points blocked a year ago. His 37-yard field goal with 11 seconds left beat Maine in the Huskies season-opener.I just knew, Puyol said. I said, `Get it down in field-goal range, ready to go and Ill make it.UConn Quarterback Bryant Shirreffs completed 13 of 24 passes for 154 yards. He also ran for 33 yards and a touchdown as the Huskies (2-1), overcame an early 10-0 deficit with two fourth-quarter scores.A 20-yard run by Shirreffs and a 23-yard screen play to Noel Thomas set up Puyols game winner.But Virginia (0-3) got the ball back and moved right down the field. A 33-yard strike down the left side from Kurt Benkert to Doni Dowling put the Cavaliers in UConn territory. It appeared they would at least send the game into overtime after Benkert hit Keeon Johnson with a 34-yard fourth-down pass to put the ball inside the UConn 10.The Husky defense stiffened, stopping Benkerts keeper at the 2-yard line on third down. The Cavaliers, who had no timeouts remaining, were able to rush the field-goal unit onto the field. But Furbank pulled the ball left.I know I rushed the kick a little bit and thats 100 percent on me, he said.It was the 17th straight road loss for Virginia, and leaves first-year coach Bronco Mendenhall still looking for his 100th career win. He was 99-43 during his 11-year tenure at BYU.Im proud of the way my team played today, he said. They fought hard from the beginning and I think they took a step forward again today.Virginia opened the scoring with first quarter drives of 12 and 13 plays. The first led to a 23-yard field goal from Furbank. It was the sophomores first football kick. He played soccer at Division III Randolph-Macon before transferring to Virginia.A 90-yard drive ended in a 9-yard touchdown run by Albert Reid that made it 10-0.UConn drove to the Virginia 2-yard line in the second quarter but had to settle for a 21-yard field goal.The Huskies missed several second-half scoring chances.A third-quarter UConn drive was thwarted when Juan Thornhill out-dueled Husky receiver Noel Thomas in the end zone and came up with an interception. A fourth-quarter drive ended when Arkeel Newsome dropped a pitch and the fumble was recovered by Virginias Andrew Brown.But Huskies got the ball right back when Jamar Summers intercepted Benkert. It was the first pick of the season for Summers, who had eight last season.The Huskies, helped by interference and face mask calls on Virginia, drove 37-yards in nine plays to tie the game. Shirreffs ran the ball in on a sweep from a yard out.Virginia then drove to the UConn 24-yard line, but a run by Albert Reid on fourth-and-1 came up short.It was painful, thats all I can say, Reid said. There were plenty of plays on the field that we didnt make.Newsome ran 13 times for 90 yards for UConn. Benkert completed 23 of 42 passes for 241 yards. Reid (73 yards) and running back Taquan Mizzell (66) combined for 139 yards.THE TAKEAWAYVIRGINIA: The Cavaliers continued to make too many mistakes to win. They were penalized 10 times for 91 yards. The team had not won away from Charlottesville since Nov. 3, 2012, when Virginia beat North Carolina State 33-6.UCONN: The Huskies three games this season have been decided by a total of 10 points. It was an important win for Connecticut, which lost last week at Navy when it was stopped inside the 1-yard line as time expired.UP NEXTVIRGINIA: After traveling more than 6,000 miles over the last two weeks to play at Oregon and Connecticut, the Cavaliers return home to face Central Michigan next SaturdayUCONN: The Huskies play their second straight home game against an ACC opponent when they face Syracuse next Saturday. The Huskies play three non-conference games against the ACC this year. They will travel to Boston College in November.Custom George Brett Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Cheap Royals Jerseys . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.customroyalsjersey.com/custom-george-brett-jersey-large-77h.html . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Authentic Custom Royals Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Cheap Custom Royals Jersey . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months.ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers observed a moment of silence before their game Friday night to honor five police officers killed in a sniper attack in downtown Dallas, which is about 20 miles from their ballpark.About 150 Air Force recruits lined the base lines after a previously scheduled induction ceremony that included a flyover by the U.S. Air Force after the national anthem. Players and coaches from the Rangers and Minnesota Twins stood outside their respective dugouts.The Rangers asked everyone in attendance to pause and remember those who have lost their lives in tragic events across our nation in the last week, including those of our community who last night were injured or tragically lost their lives in the line of duty.Seven other officers and two civilians were wounded in the attack in Dallas, which took place during a protest over this weeks killings by police of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota.During the moment of silence, with a color guard staged behind the pitchers mound, all the video boards and ribbon signs in Globe Life Park went dark.Before their home game Friday night, the Astros and Houston police also observed a moment of silence for the fallen Dallas officers.Joey Gallo, one of the top prospects with the Texas Rangers, recalled in an Instagram post earlier in the day when he and teammate Nomar Mazara were stopped by a police officer walking down the street in downtown Dallas earlier this year.The two young players werent in trouble.dddddddddddd The officer, Patrick Zamarripa, recognized them and wanted to take a picture with the two.Zamarripa was one of five police officers killed in Dallas.Gallo, now playing at Triple-A Round Rock, posted the picture and relayed the story of the meeting while asking for prayers for Zamarripa and all the officers and families affected by the tragedy.It was definitely a first for me and Nomar to have an officer, a true hero, want to meet us, Gallo wrote in part. Ill never forget how kind and down to Earth he was. We ended up having a 15-minute conversation about sports with him. He was an avid Rangers fan. But more importantly a great person, and family man.Rangers manager Jeff Banister, whose team has the best record in the American League, said the last thing on his mind throughout the day was the game. He was still thinking about what happened in downtown Dallas on Thursday night when the Rangers were finishing up the first game of the weekend series.I went to bed last night watching it. Woke up this morning watching it, Banister said. No disrespect. Were going to go out and play a baseball game because thats what were here to do. Our guys are going to play (hard). But I guarantee you this, this game was the last thing I was thinking about when I woke up this morning. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz