Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

12.06.2019 10:01
wouldnt break.Australia claimed the crown at th Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- It took Swiss mountain biker Nino Schurter eight years to climb all the way up the Olympic podium, a slow ascent that was at times frustrating, heartbreaking and infuriating.He finally reached the top step Sunday.Schurter pulled away from reigning champion Jaroslav Kulhavy of the Czech Republic on the penultimate lap and rode solo to the finish, adding a gold medal to the silver he won at the 2012 London Games and the bronze he captured at the 2008 Beijing Games.I worked hard to complete my medal collection, Schurter said. My story is now perfect.The top two steps of the podium were a reversal of the finish from London, when Kulhavy overtook his biggest rival on the final section of turns at Hadleigh Farm.Schurter broke down in tears that day, so close to achieving his Olympic dream.Now looking back on London, he said, I think it had to be silver there. I worked hard to get stronger and better and Im really happy and satisfied.Schurter and Kulhavy worked together to establish a gap on the rest of the field over the mountain bike course, turned in some places to a quagmire by overnight rain. But the Swiss superstar and reigning world champion was able to up the tempo when it mattered the most.Schurter covered the seven-lap, 34-kilometer course in 1 hour, 33 minutes, 28 seconds. Kulhavy was 50 seconds back while Carlos Coloma of Spain was another 33 seconds adrift to take bronze.This was the most important moment of my career, Coloma said. I had perfect preparation. I had self-confidence. And this is a dream come true.Five-time world champion Julien Absalon of France, who intends to retire after this season, was eighth. World road race champion Peter Sagan had two flat tires and finished out of contention.Sagan decided to ride off road in Rio after scouting the climb-heavy road course and realizing it did not suit his strengths. But the decision earlier this year meant he only had time to squeeze in a couple of mountain bike races, leaving him ranked No. 900 in the world.That also meant he started with the final bib number in the very back of the pack.Just like he did in laying waste to a small race in Wyoming a couple of weeks ago, part of his post-Tour de France training plan, Sagan immediately went to the front of the field.His power came in handy given the conditions.The rain tapered off an hour before the start left, but it left the winding, technical course in the Deodoro neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro a soggy mess. Riders had to dismount and push their bikes over a few particularly slick climbs, slipping and sliding as if they were on ice.Some riders lamented they did not adjust their setup to the conditions.My bike was the same as yesterday, Kulhavy said, but maybe it was a little bit of a mistake because I had a very fast tire in the rear and I had a problem with the muddy hills.Sagans chances ultimately were ruined when his front tire went flat at the start of the second lap. He began working his way back through the field again only for his back tire to go flat.Hardly the only rider to puncture on the stone-strewn course, Sagan finished in 35th place.The race began to string out by the third of seven laps. Schurter and Kulhavy were never more than a few feet apart, the reigning Olympic champ and world champ clearly the strongest riders in the field. Coloma hung with them for a while before slowly losing ground.Absalon was two minutes down by the sixth lap, his chances of another gold medal gone.It was about that point that Schurter finally shook Kulhavy from his rear wheel, dropping the Czech champion with some daring riding on the tricky descents. He was 44 seconds clear at the start of the final lap, all alone on a course jammed with fans.By the final straightaway, Schurter was all alone.Eight years of so many close calls had been wiped away in less than two hours, Schurter at last allowed to step to the top of the podium and hear the Swiss national anthem.Im just really happy, he said. Really satisfied with my whole medal collection. Custom Steelers Jersey China . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. Steelers Jerseys China . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. http://www.customsteelersjersey.com/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Cheap Steelers Jerseys . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Devin Bush Jersey Large . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break.Australia claimed the crown at the second round of the HSBC World Rugby Womens Sevens Series in Sao Paulo on Sunday. In a downpour in the Brazilian city, Shannon Parry led her team to a 29-0 win over Canada in the cup final. The Canadians had earlier shocked reigning champions New Zealand in the semi-finals with a wonder-try from captain Jen Kish.With the Olympic Games looming large in Brazil, the Sao Paulo event saw a samba atmosphere at Arena Barueri where many of the teams who will play in Rio de Janeiro next August set out their stall, as the Games edge even closer. Englands campaign ended in a 22-12 loss to USA in the quarter-finals. The English qualified for the knock-out stages after victories over Brazil and Japan, but a loss to France meant they ended runners-up of the pool, and had a tough route to the final. Jen Kish scored a superb try in Canadas historic win over New Zealand in Sundays Sao Paulo sevens.dddddddddddd As it was England beat Brazil in the seventh-place play-off, thanks to tries from Natasha Brennan, Marlie Packer and two from Amy Wilson-Hardy.The Bowl final was won by Russia, who defeated Japan, and the Plate Final was claimed by France who overcame Fiji. Third place at the competition went to New Zealand, who, despite improving on their fifth-place finish in Dubai, will be disappointed not to have made the final in Brazil. They beat USA 28-0, with the Americans making a dramatic improvement on the last round. World Rugby chairman Bernard Lapasset said: I want to congratulate Australia for winning a thrilling tournament in Sao Paulo this weekend.Again, we were reminded of the fantastic standard of competition on display in the Womens Series, and how much the teams have benefitted from inclusion in the summer Games.The Rio 2016 Olympic Games is rugbys opportunity to reach and inspire new audiences and we believe that rugby sevens exciting brand of skills, speed and breath-taking, fan-friendly action will be a hit with the people of Rio, Brazil and beyond. Also See: Rugby on Sky Follow @SkySportsRugby Pundits Fixtures and results ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz