Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

05.06.2019 11:04
Sometimes you have to g Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Little Daryl Homer saw a cool picture of a fencer in a book and wanted to try it. His mom was flummoxed. They lived on Gun Hill Road in the Bronx. Where could she find a place that taught such an upper-crust sport? Several years later, she saw a television commercial with a man fencing for the right to enter a taxi. The man with a sabre in his hand was Peter Westbrook.That moment came full circle Wednesday night in the Olympics, when Homer won silver in individual sabre. Its the first mens individual sabre medal for the United States since Westbrook won bronze in 1984.This has been a journey for 15 years, said Homer, who finished sixth in the 2012 Olympics. Im happy to be on the podium, happy to have competed, happy to have left it all out there. And happy that I had faith in my ability.Homers journey began at age 11, at the Peter Westbrook Foundation in New York City, which is dedicated to enriching the lives of youths from underserved communities. More than 4,000 participants have passed through the program since it was founded in 1991, 85 percent of them African-American or Latino.Homer and Westbrook are both African-American, and Westbrooks foundation has become a pipeline for black Olympic fencing talent. Westbrook himself competed in five Olympics. His program sent four black fencers to the 2004 Olympics. This year in Rio, black Westbrook alumni include Homer, Nzingha Prescod and Ibtihaj Muhammad, who competed for the U.S. wearing the hijab of her Muslim faith.Im always really happy to represent my community wherever I go, said Homer, 26. But I always tell people there are more black fencers than you think there are. There are more black fencers on the team [five of the 17 U.S. fencers are black] than people think there are, currently. So it is great to be able to represent my community, but this is a win for us; its a win for America.Homer is only the fourth American man to win an individual sabre Olympic medal, joining Westbrook, William Grebe (silver, 1904) and Albertson Van Zo Post (bronze, 1904).At a muscular 5-foot-8, Homer is small for a fencer but thrives on big stages. He has won several Pan American Games titles, and in 2015 he became the first American sabre fencer to medal at the world championships with a silver in Moscow.I love the pressure of it, I love being free, and I love putting all the marbles on the table and seeing whos gonna get em, said Homer, who is not lacking in confidence. Im an all-or-nothing dude.His profile has grown leading up to Rio, with appearances ranging from Vogue magazine to A$AP Fergs New Level video. But Homer struggled in competition after trying to tweak his technique after his silver at the 2015 worlds. I had to quiet my mind, stop thinking so much, trust the people around me, he said.One of those people was Westbrook. They spoke a half-dozen times per week as he trained for the Games.Take the pressure off, fence every touch and go for everything, Homer recalls Westbrook saying. Really enjoy yourself and have fun fencing. Sometimes the fun can get sucked out.I wouldnt have found an access point to fencing without Peter, Homer said, medal gleaming on his chest. So [without him], I probably wouldnt be here. Cheap Custom College Jerseys . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Sale Custom College Jerseys . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. http://www.customjerseyscollege.com/ . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Sale Custom College Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Custom College Jerseys Outlet . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. RICHMOND, Va. -- Washington Redskins cornerback?Josh Norman fired back at Arizona Cardinals cornerback?Patrick Peterson, who took a jab at Norman on Twitter over his Madden NFL 17 ranking.After a video from practice surfaced last week of wide receiver?Pierre Garcon running past Norman in a one-on-one drill, Peterson replied to a tweet by saying, but hes the highest rating lol madden is a joke. Norman, who actually broke up the pass on the video, received the No. 1 ranking among cornerbacks in Madden NFL 17; Peterson was fourth.Norman responded on Twitter with a Kermit the Frog meme and said, guess they aint put NO #RESPEK! On your name #4. On Thursday, Norman, who signed a five-year contract in April worth up to $75 million, was perplexed by Petersons initial tweet.That guy? Come on, man, Norman said about Peterson on Thursday. Be No. 4 and be happy. Come on, dont talk about me, Im not talking about you. I mean, Ill still continue to work and try to be better than No. 1. Where that is, I dont know, but Im working toward that. Obviously hes somewhere trolling other people. He should be worried about what hes doing on the field and if he gets beat up this year. He shouldnt be trolling me.Norman has battled Garcon and DeSean Jackson in practice, losing on occasion and winning on others. His losses have been shown on video. Peterson then mentioned in another tweet that of the three games Jackson has played against him, hes only had one big play, which happened to be for 56 yards in 2014.Petersons tweet didnt sit well with Jackson, who tweeted his displeasuree and said Thursday: Im just wondering why this dude was speaking on me and bringing me up in conversation.dddddddddddd... Both of them guys are two of the great corners in this league and theyve definitely earned the respect, but just try to keep guys names out of your mouth. Just go out there and play ball.Norman said he and Jackson talked about it Thursday morning.Its like, why are you trolling people? Norman said. You should be worried about practicing and dont worry about talking about other players. Some people want the spotlight and some dont. Some people really want to get to where were at and its sad... Dude, youre a first-round pick, why are you worried about me?We get to play them guys and when the time comes well see what DeSean do to him in a regular season game because he already did it.The Redskins and Cardinals play Dec. 4. Itll certainly lead to another buildup for a game involving Norman and another player; New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr., has taken jabs at Norman, too.These are the guys who want to be where you are, Norman said. They want 75 [million]. They want to be the No. 1 corner in the world. Ive been voted No. 1 by my peers so I must be doing something good. So I mean, gosh they want to be there so obviously they have that jealousy in them to where they want to come back and prove youre not something that you already are so why do I have to talk about something I already am? Its pointless. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz