Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

19.05.2019 10:46
ving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspen Antworten

DENVER -- Even when the 4,500th second ticked off the clock on this spectacular Sunday night showdown, the Kansas City Chiefs werent sure they had won and the Denver Broncos wondered if theyd really lost.Cairo Santos 34-yard field goal hit the left upright and bounced through as the overtime period expired to give the Chiefs a 30-27 victory fueled by rookie Tyreek Hills trio of touchdowns -- on a reception, a rush and a return, something no one had done since Gale Sayers in 1965.The only way this game could end, NBC color analyst Cris Collinsworth declared. Holy smokes. I didnt know what had happened.With only one of the two officials raising his arms to signal the ball had gone through the uprights, the Chiefs hesitated as they ran onto the field to celebrate. The stadium was rocking as if it hadnt.I waited for everybody to rejoice, Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali said, because I didnt know if it went in.Neither did thousands of fans who wanted so much to believe the Chiefs had squandered their second chance. But Kansas Citys lucky bounce avoided the third tie in the NFL this season, something that hasnt happened since 1973 before the league introduced overtime.The winner followed a risky move by Broncos coach Gary Kubiak that backfired and left the Broncos (7-4) two games back of Oakland (9-2) in the AFC West and one behind the Chiefs (8-3).Kubiak sent his kicker out for a 62-yard try with 1:01 left. But Brandon McManus -- who has hit from 70 yards in training camp and was perfect in the playoffs during Denvers Super Bowl 50 surge -- came up way short and wide left on what would have been the longest game-winning field goal in NFL history.Its on me, Kubiak said, explaining he made the move because he had confidence in his kicker even with a new long snapper who joined the team on Friday. We didnt have any doubt that he could get the ball there. The thought process was on the other end: if we do punt, do we get the ball back?McManus was confident as he trotted out for the 62-yarder even after one of Thomas Gaffords snaps had skidded on the ground in regulation.Thats still well within my range. I just kind of hit the ground, McManus said. From that distance, everything kind of needs to be perfect just because of how far you are away. It didnt happen for me.Instead of having to go 80 yards or more, the Chiefs got the ball at the Denver 48 with one timeout and just over a minute remaining. The Chiefs reached the Denver 16 before Santos ended the showdown with one last bit of drama.Cairo, he kept us all in suspense with that bank shot, or the chip shot, or whatever it is, Chiefs coach Andy Reid saidThe defending Super Bowl champs could find themselves fighting for a wild card now.Tonight was a terrible night, Von Miller said. But well be back.Added cornerback Chris Harris Jr.: We just got to get into the playoffs. I feel like if we get in the playoffs, we can be scary for anybody.Both teams kicked field goals on their opening possession of overtime, McManus from 44 yards and Santos from 37. Those followed Kansas Citys amazing tying drive in the final 3 minutes of regulation.Alex Smith threw a 3-yard touchdown pass to Hill and a 2-point conversion pass to tight end Demetrius Harris with 12 seconds left to tie it at 24.Hills third touchdown of the night capped a 13-play, 75-yard drive that included three defensive penalties, a fourth-and-10 conversion at the Broncos 3 and zero Kansas City timeouts.The Chiefs had burned their last two timeouts just before Trevor Siemians 76-yard touchdown toss to Bennie Fowler, who got behind cornerback Phillip Gaines with three minutes left that seemingly sealed Denvers win.Siemian threw for 368 yards and three TDs with no interceptions in his best game as a pro. But he was sacked five times as his O-line proved just as porous as it has all season even after the team made better protection a priority following at its bye.SLOW STARTER: The game turned into the white knuckler the NFL expected when it flexed the AFC West showdown to Sunday night rather than having the Patriots-Jets game in prime time as originally scheduled.But the first half was laborious -- Kansas City managed just 49 yards of offense but led 9-3 thanks to a safety and Hills 86-yard touchdown return on the ensuing free kick.Hill also had a 3-yard TD run for Kansas City.NO REGRETS: Miller said nobody in Denvers locker room will second-guess Kubiak for attempting the 62-yarder with McManus, who set an NFL record by going 10-for-10 in the playoffs last year.Im 100 percent behind Kube, Miller said. I wouldnt just play for the tie, either. B-Mac is the man.UP NEXTChiefs: K.C. continues its brutal road swing with a trip to Atlanta next weekend.Broncos: After the lone November home game, the Broncos travel to Jacksonville.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapletonWholesale Shoes NZ . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. Discount Nike SB NZ Online .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. http://www.discountnikesbnz.com/ . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Cheap Nike Shoes NZ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Wholesale Nike SB NZ . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- With the New York Giants having lost three games in a row, every part of the team has been scrutinized. And no one has been spared, not even two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback Eli Manning.His teammates defended him at practice Wednesday, insisting that Manning is still a top-flight quarterback and saying everyone on the team needs to play better, not just Manning.I think when things go wrong, everyone needs something to point at, and its easy to point the finger here and there, wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said. But internally, between all of us, we all need to play better; we all need to do things to make it easier on (Manning), make it easier on ourselves -- everybody needs to step it up.Elis a tremendous quarterback, running back Rashad Jennings said. He understands the position; a lot of times, the success and failures, the most critics go to the quarterback. But quarterback ratings, and stats, are collectively attained stats, so we have to play better. Its not all on one person, at all -- especially Eli.Manning has completed 63.6 percent of his passes on the season, for 1,385 yards, with five touchdowns, four interceptions and a quarterback rating of 86.dddddddddddd. No one was wondering whether he was over the hill after the Giants opened up the season winning their first two games, of course. But the chatter started to pick up after the Green Bay loss, when he completed 18 of 35 passes for 199 yards and a touchdown. At 35, some wondered if he may be a quarterback in decline.His teammates dont want to hear that, though.Listen man, whoever says that... its just an immature statement, Jennings said. Hes not on the decline at all. Elis a tremendous quarterback, and well continue to win with him. And so, obviously, weve had losses; he has big shoulders, and being in a locker beside him for three years, he always takes on (stuff), and look at himself in the mirror first. But we cant do that to him. No. Its definitely the team. The offensive side of the ball needs to step it up.Wide receiver Victor Cruz said he doesnt see the end in sight for Manning.I hope he plays until hes 55, Cruz said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz