Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
mary123 Offline

05.03.2019 08:35
there, or just fizz past me entirely Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Justin Turner homered twice and drove in five runs and the Los Angeles Dodgers ended Stephen Strasburgs undefeated streak by beating the Washington Nationals 6-3 on Thursday.Turner hit his 16th and 17th home runs, a two-run shot off Strasburg in the first and a three-run shot off the right-hander in the third, to set a career high.Howie Kendrick extended his hitting streak to 13 games, and Adrian Gonzalez also drove in a run for the Dodgers. They beat the Nationals for the fifth time in six games this season.Strasburg (13-1) lost for the first time since Sept. 9, ending a run of 16 consecutive winning decisions. Making it through the sixth, he allowed a season-high six earned runs and seven hits -- all in the first three innings -- and struck out 10.Before Strasburg could settle down, the Dodgers crushed the ball against him, including a double off the left-field wall from Gonzalez and Turners two home runs. At one point Strasburg struck out seven of nine Los Angeles batters and allowed just one base runner after the third.Left-hander Adam Liberatore (2-0) got the win by pitching a scoreless eighth. Kenley Jansen finished for his 28th save.RED SOX 13, TWINS 2BOSTON -- Mookie Betts homered on the first pitch Boston faced, David Ortiz added a late two-run homer and the Red Sox continued to surge through July with a victory over Minnesota.Dustin Pedroia went 5 for 5 with two doubles for Boston. The Red Sox had 17 hits while winning their third straight and improving to 12-3 in July.Betts, Ortiz and Xander Bogaerts had three hits apiece and Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a solo homer and finished with three RBI. Steven Wright (12-5) tied his career high with nine strikeouts and held Minnesota to four hits in eight innings.Boston, which had 16 hits in an 11-7 win over San Francisco on Wednesday, was up 3-0 after getting four hits against Minnesota starter Tyler Duffey (5-7) in the first.ORIOLES 4, YANKEES 1NEW YORK -- Chris Tillman tied for the major league lead with his 14th victory, pitching four-hit ball for seven innings and helping depleted Baltimore avert a four-game sweep at Yankee Stadium.The Orioles had lost four straight overall, costing them their lead in the AL East.Baltimore slugger Chris Davis, shortstop Manny Machado and manager Buck Showalter returned from a stomach bug thats hit the clubhouse. But Orioles center fielder Adam Jones didnt play because of back spasms, catcher Matt Wieters missed his third consecutive game after being hit by a pitch in the foot and rookie outfielder Joey Rickard sat out with an injured thumb.Tillman (14-2) matched White Sox ace Chris Sale for the most victories in the majors. Tillman gave up three hits and two walks to the first eight batters, capped by Starlin Castros RBI single. The tall right-hander then set down 16 of his final 17 hitters.Brad Brach pitched the eighth and Zach Britton closed for his 30th save in as many chances.CC Sabathia (5-8) lost on his 36th birthday.CARDINALS 6, PADRES 5ST. LOUIS -- Aledmys Diazs walk-off single in the ninth inning gave St. Louis a comeback victory over San Diego.St. Louis scored four runs -- the last three on Stephen Piscottys homer -- to tie it in the eighth and went on to its first four-game series sweep at home since beating Colorado on Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2010.Tommy Pham led off the ninth with a double off reliever Carlos Villanueva (1-1). With the bases loaded and one out, Diaz ripped a 3-2 pitch to left for the winner.Yangervis Solarte homered in the eighth inning to extend the Padres franchise-record home run streak to 19 consecutive games. The streak is the longest in the National League since Milwaukee hit home runs in 20 consecutive games in July 2008.PIRATES 5, BREWERS 3PITTSBURGH -- Francisco Liriano took another step toward putting his season-long control issues behind him, striking out 13 in Pittsburghs victory over Milwaukee.Liriano (6-9) gave up three runs and four hits in 6 2/3 innings and didnt issue a walk for just the second time in 19 starts. The left-hander entered the game having issued a major league-high 62 walks.Mark Melancon worked the ninth for his 28th save.Matt Joyce hit a three-run homer off Matt Garza (1-4) in the first inning and finished with four RBI after being a last-second substitution in the outfield when Starling Marte was diagnosed with flu-like symptoms shortly before the first pitch.Jonathan Villar homored for the Brewers.ROCKIES 7, BRAVES 3DENVER -- Carlos Gonzalez hit a three-run homer to break a scoreless tie in the sixth inning, Chad Bettis threw efficiently into the seventh and Colorado topped Atlanta,Gonzalez lined a 97 mph fastball from Mike Foltynewicz (3-4) over the fence in right-center. It was Gonzalezs 20th homer of the season.Bettis (8-6) allowed one run over 6 2/3 innings. He was cruising through Atlantas lineup until hitting a bump in the seventh when he gave up an RBI double to A.J. Pierzynski.Trailing 7-1 in the ninth, the Braves scored twice before the Rockies brought in closer Carlos Estevez with two outs. He got Jace Peterson to roll out to end the game and earn his seventh save.MARLINS 9, PHILLIES 3PHILADELPHIA -- Tom Koehler pitched eight strong innings, Ichiro Suzuki moved within four hits of 3,000 for his career and Miami pounded out 16 hits against Philadelphia.Christian Yelich homered, and the Marlins won three of four over the Phillies to cap a seven-game road trip at 5-2. Miami moved 1 1/2 games ahead of idle New York for the second NL wild-card spot.Koehler (7-8) rebounded from a month-long slump with arguably his best outing of the season. He gave up two hits and only one of his three runs allowed was earned while striking out five and walking one.Ryan Howard and Freddy Galvis homered for Philadelphia.Jerad Eickhoff (6-11) was the loser. Air Max 95 Rebajas .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Comprar Air Max 95 Baratas . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. http://www.airmax95baratas.es/ . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Zapatillas Air Max 95 Baratas . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Nike Air Max 95 España . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. Its the preserve of cricketers of any age, location and ability: a Thursday evening, a setting sun, and a practice wicket underdone.So here I am, a nominal batsman on the wrong side of youth, three overs into a spell of ungainly part-time net bowling, awaiting a bat.To the relief of just about everyone, a call finally comes for me to put em on. Ive done this dance a thousand times before, but the gruff command still elicits that short, electric bolt of adrenaline inside. Or is it nerves? Ive never quite worked it out. That Ive survived until this point should instil me with confidence that I will once more, but Ive no time for rationality at this point.Sam, youre in the first net, Im told. Im not usually in the first net. The first net is where our best bowlers bowl. The first net is the good net. I do my best impression of a casual saunter to the mess of cricket bags that lies 20 metres away, and manage to make an important mental note: the quickest bowler in our club is currently batting, so I am free from his thunderbolts for now.There are almost innumerable aims when it comes to net batting. Maybe today Ill summon the courage to use my feet to the spinners. Perhaps I should try to unearth that on-drive that has forever eluded me. Ditto a pull shot. But to bastardise the flightiest of corporate language, these are nothing but blue-sky goals. My true aims are better defined by what I want not to happen.Yes, when it comes to net batting, its simple: dont get hit and dont get out.I unzip my cricket kit with a familiar, concealed tremble of hands. They contradict an external composure as I rifle through my still-disorganised bag in the only way I know how - hastily. Left pad, right pad, wheres my box? Last couple! bellows our organiser as I fumble further for a thigh pad and helmet.My eyes may be trained on my gear but my ears are elsewhere. I hear a distant grunt from an imposing quick in the nets, immediately followed by the thud of leather into flesh. It sounds like inside thigh. A chorus of oohs trails from the bowling cohort, and then a sound even more chilling that that: laughter. The auditory terror prompts me to re-tighten my gloves for the third time as my heart quickens appreciably.My batting predecessor finally completes the third iteration of his last one and the net is mine. Not that Im feeling much ownership of this space. Three sinewy top-grade quicks and a solitary spinner await as I take guard - something I do to simulate a match situation. It immediately feels ridiculous. The bowlers arent fooled; my bat wafts at the first one as I contemplate the concrete in my feet. The ball springs from the back net with a vigour that suggests to me, for a moment, that it may roll all the way back to the bowler.ddddddddddddIt stops some way short of that. Our eyes meet as if to say Whos fetching this thing? I dont think twice. I get the ball, because for now I am the servant.Minutes pass and I still cannot find the upward social mobility I desperately seek. Balls seem to cannon into a thick outside edge here, the splice of the bat there, or just fizz past me entirely. Like any seasoned cricketer I first turn to my internal compendium of excuses. Is it the wicket? Is it the fading light? Is it that our bowlers regularly bowl from 18 yards? Whatever it is, its hard to find solace when Ive forgotten how the middle of my bat feels. To make matters worse, this always seems to be the time when batsmen in the other nets start receiving praise for glorious front- and back-foot play. I can only guess they are on better wickets.Even so, Ive not been hit, and Im not out.With a hypothetical score of 3 from 17 deliveries, my personal stakes are raised. Our fastest bowler, previously batting, decides to join the first net. I calculate that we are halfway through our allotted batting time, so Ill face a maximum of four or five deliveries from him.We face them more than anyone else, but theres always an oddity to competing against your team-mates. Together on the weekend, you appreciate their efforts from multiple angles - a view from mid-off, a view from gully, a view from the pavilion. Perhaps this is why its so chastening to study the strained face of your clubs fastest bowler front-on as he hurtles in to bowl at you. I feel paralysed by the sum of his physical aggression as I brace for the hard flash of red. He enters his delivery stride, I see something and I waft at that something again. Except, this time it strikes the middle of the bat, sending the ball careering through hypothetical cover-point. The ball rolls back off the net and settles at my feet as I look up to survey the scene.I see an angry young muscular man who wants his ball immediately, so I oblige. I am still in mild shock. My bottom hand, the protagonist in my heroic victory seconds earlier, then became the villain. In returning the vanquished ball to my opponent, my underarm is so limp that it arrives on the half-volley, forcing him into an unwanted bend of the lower back and a higher level of coordination to retrieve the ball. It rolls past him and into the path of a bowler in the second net, who now stops his run-up with a deep groan.My high-pitched Sorry, mate is received without acknowledgement.To be continued… ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz