Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

16.05.2019 12:29
nd to meet his new teammates.Those trips are always a little tiring, Gurriel said. Obviously, in Cuba I didnt travel as much as Antworten

BALTIMORE -- Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch has already described Yulieski Gurriel as an international star. Now, the 32-year-old Cuban is getting a chance to make his mark in the majors.Gurriel singled in his first big league at-bat Sunday after being called up from Triple-A Fresno earlier in the day.I wasnt sure I was going to get my first hit that fast, Gurriel said. I will take care of (the ball) and put it away and put in a place that is very special.Gurriel was the designated hitter against Baltimore, and he came to the plate in the second inning after waiting a bit -- the start of the game at Camden Yards was delayed more than four hours because of rain.Gurriel finished 1 for 2 with a walk and a groundout. He left the game in the eighth with right hamstring tightness and is day to day.This is the one test in his whole life he has never answered, Hinch said. Hes played at every level in the world and been on the center stage and one of the best international players for a long time. This will be different for him, hell feel like a rookie again.Gurriel, who signed a $47.5 million, five-year deal with the Astros on July 16, is primarily a third baseman. This weekend, the AL wild-card contenders sent third baseman Luis Valbuena back to Houston to re-evaluate his injured right hamstring, and he could be out for the season.But Gurriel can play other positions and could possibly get some time in left field, Hinch said. Gurriel said he is open to helping the club any way he can.Im not going to be nervous. Excited is probably a better word, Gurriel said through a translator. This has been a dream of mine for years. For a Cuban player to make it is a big deal, so Im excited.Gurriel batted .250 with two home runs and 14 RBI in 15 games (56 at-bats) with four Astros minor league affiliates. That was enough for Houston to give him an opportunity at the major league level, especially with Valbuena ailing.He got up to 50 at-bats with us in the minor leagues, Hinch said. Thats a normal spring training for him. Weve bounced him around the country. But from a baseball standpoint, hes ready and hes ready for this challenge. To add him to this group is exciting for us, certainly fun for us, our guys will be excited about it. His baseball readiness, hes in shape and ready to go.Gurriel said the biggest adjustment might be dealing with all of the excessive travel of a major leaguer. That was never an issue in his native Cuba. He got his first taste of that grind flying from California to Maryland to meet his new teammates.Those trips are always a little tiring, Gurriel said. Obviously, in Cuba I didnt travel as much as they do here. But Im ready to play and help my team today.To make room on the roster, infielder Tyler White was optioned to Triple-A after Saturdays game.Cheap Jordan 12 Flu Game . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Cheap Jordan 12 Mens . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. http://www.wholesalejordan12.com/discount-jordan-12-wholesale.html . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Air Jordan 12 Wholesale . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Cheap Air Jordan 12 . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game.Andre Drummond and the Detroit Pistons are nearing an agreement on a five-year maximum contract in the $130 million range, according to league sources.Sources told ESPN.com that Drummond and the Pistons have quickly moved to the final stages of negotiations on a verbal agreement since free agency began Friday at 12:01 a.m. ET.The deal cant be officially signed until a league-wide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 7, but sources said any outstanding minor details would be wrapped up later Friday.After the sides mutually agreed not to do a contract extensiion last October, making Drummond a restricted free agent this summer, ?Detroits No.dddddddddddd 1 offseason priority was always securing Drummonds future as quickly as possible.The Pistons can announce an agreement in the early days of the period, but they will wait for an official signing to allow the Pistons to use up their cap space. They hold Drummonds Bird Rights, which allows teams to go over the cap to retain their own free agents.? ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz