Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

15.05.2019 14:32
throwing really well. I caught some good breaks early in the season.I actually feel like Im a little more polished now than I w Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Philadelphia Phillies placed two-time Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay on the 15-day disabled list Monday because of inflammation in his throwing shoulder. Manager Charlie Manuel said Halladay had travelled to Los Angeles, where he was scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum on Tuesday. "Im sure hell find out his problem tomorrow," said Manuel, noting he appreciated the pitchers will to do his job despite the shoulder injury. "Ive been around the game a long time and I never liked to tell someone I couldnt play. I played with a broken arm, I played with a whole lot of things. I got hit in the face and my lip was over my eye and I missed one day. ... Yeah, I understand that. He felt like he could go out there and still pitch. He wasnt thinking about pitching bad, he wanted to try. Hes an upstanding guy, hes a straight guy. There should be more guys like that." Halladay is 2-4 with an 8.65 ERA in seven starts this season after missing nearly two months last season -- from late May to mid-July -- with a strained right lat muscle. He allowed nine runs in 2 1-3 innings against Miami on Sunday for his second straight loss and second outing in a row of less than four innings -- third in all this year. The 35-year-old right-hander is in the final season of his contract, making $20 million this year. Halladay said Sunday this is a new injury for him, and he started feeling discomfort the morning after an April 24 start against Pittsburgh. He has struggled his two times out since and has given up at least five earned runs in four of his seven outings this season. Halladay was replaced on the roster by left-hander Joe Savery, recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in time to join the club before the start of a three-game series in San Francisco. "Hes on our team and well use him when we have to," Manuel said. Yet the Phillies hadnt decided how to cover what would have been Halladays next turn to pitch, Friday at Arizona. Manuel didnt speak with Halladay on Sunday night during the teams cross-country trip, saying Halladay was sleeping when the skipper walked back to see him. "I didnt want to wake him up," Manuel said. Manuel is hopeful his club is better equipped to handle the loss of Halladay this season than a year ago, when the team struggled during his absence and wound up missing the playoffs for the first time in six years. "If you look and you see our rotation and you our bullpen, the back end of our bullpen has been pretty consistent," Manuel said. "Weve been inconsistent from the middle until we get to the eighth inning."Ecco Schoenen Aanbieding . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Ecco Outlet Nederland . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. http://www.ecconederland.com/ . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Ecco Outlet Stores Nederland . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Ecco Schoenen Kopen . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions.MILWAUKEE -- A two-run home run from Chris Carter and a Scooter Gennett RBI single spared the Milwaukee Brewers from the first 0-7 road trip in franchise history.The squad now returns home to Miller Park looking to turn things around against the Colorado Rockers in the opener of a three-game series.Jimmy Nelson gets the start for Milwaukee, still looking to find the form that made him one of the best young pitchers in the National League to start the season.Nelson went 5-3 with a 2.88 ERA through his first 11 starts but has been a mess since, going 1-10 with a 5.79 ERA and has taken the loss in each of his last six starts, with an 8.04 ERA during that stretch.Its going to fall into place. Things are going to get back on track, Nelson said. I feel like Ive actually been making more quality pitches, maybe just as much or more than I was in the first month of the season when I was throwing really well. I caught some good breaks early in the season.I actually feel like Im a little more polished now than I was then, as far as some of the things Im doing. Thats part of the crazy game that it is.Nelson was tagged for six earned runs in three of his previous four outings, including his last time out when he lasted just five innings in a 6-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs at Wrigely Field on Aug. 17.He allowed five runs in the first inning in that last start -- including a home run to Jorge Soler -- but settled down after that..dddddddddddd.Really, the first inning he was able to get to two strikes and he just couldnt put away the hitter, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. Youve got to give them some credit for fouling off some pitches and getting back into counts. I thought his execution certainly went down with two strikes; he just didnt make pitches with two strikes to finish the hitters off.The Rockies will turn to right-hander Chad Bettis, whose last start was cut short after just three innings because of a rain delay.Six of his seven previous outings, though, were quality starts, going 4-0 with a 3.98 ERA during that stretch.Chad is doing what he does well, and thats using all of his pitches and commanding his fastball, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. When he gets separation between his pitches, hes very effective.Bettis, in his fourth season with the Rockies, says theres nothing special to his recent success.Im in a really good spot right now, physically, emotionally and mentally, Bettis said. I just want to keep rolling.Bettis is facing Milwaukee for the second time in his career. He held the Brewers to a run over 6 1/3 innings in a 2015 start.Colorado, which has yet to face the Brewers this season, has won four of its last five, including an 11-4 victory Sunday against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz